Happy Birthday Dave and Storm!

HuskyCouture

Thanks.

Funny thing happened to me at lunch today.

I found this birthday card in with my lunch.

It was from my best friend, Sally, who is also my wife.

I'm looking at the envelope, and I pull it out from behind the can of soda and the container of yogurt.

It's a blue envelope, sort of a turquise blue.

And then I open the flap of the envelope and see the brown tinge of the card inside.

Of course, anytime you see brown, especially on a card, it's usually not a good sign.

There were white letters, that looked like plumes or clouds.

Can you see where this is going?

So on the card, spelled out in these letters that appeared as plumes or clouds, were the following words:

FARTING IS AN ART.

No exlamation point, no bold typeface, no italics, no underlinging; just plain and simple, four words in that exact order.

Now my curiosity has been peeked.

I have no idea why Sally has come up with such an idea, nor why she would even go to the extent of locating such a card, especially for my birthday.

I pulled the card completely free of the envelope.

I carefully opened it, since if anyone is going to buy you a brown card for your birthday, hard telling what else they may have acquired on your behalf, for their own amusemental benefit.

Inside the card are these words:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, REMBRANDT.

Who is Rembrandt?

Was he an artist? An artist who also farted? Or, was it the other way around?

Then of course, now that my ego had been shattered, it did not matter that my best friend, my better half, my wife, had signed her name, as if I did not know from whence this card of birthday salutation eminated.

But then I turned the card over to look at the back.

That's how you find out what the person who gave you the card really thinks of you, because that's where the price of the card is printed.

Did you know that a $2.59 card in the United States will cost you $3.75 in Canada?

At any rate, I called Sally at work and we both had a good laugh. Birthdays are great. They sure beat the alternative.:D