The worst has happened :-(

slaves to kaya

As most of you know there was an incident where we live (within defence housing executive) regarding a tennant breeding and having 10 dogs in the property.

Just got back in from walking the dogs and they have posted new pet registration forms through the doors stating the maximum pets allowed as 2 dogs, 2 cats as of march 1st :(

I just knew this was going to happen, not sure how much longer we can get away with this now, the only option is to find somewhere else to live or rehome some of our dogs

I am not worried about the cats (we have 3) as they are indoor cats so no one see's them, but how can i keep the dogs out of sight.

I am shaking with fear and bouncing with anger over this stupid couple who have been breeding their 10 dogs!!! This wouldn't be happening if it wasn't for them.

Just phoned my hubby, waiting for him to buzz me back to see what he says about this, I am so worried guys, please keep your fingers crossed that this has a good outcome, I cant loose my dogs :(

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh what a nightmare, stupid thoughtless people, a simpler option would have been to kick them out and leave you and your dogs in peace. Unfortunately life isn't like that and the careful minority pay for the actions of a mindless few.

I wonder if it's for new tenants moving in as it's very unreasonable to expect everyone to get rid of their beloved pets.

other than looking for new accomodation.

I really hope your hubby has some ideas,

Just spoken to hubby and it ain't looking good. He has just contacted the office and they are really enforcing the amounts due to multiple complaints, going from breeding, to people not picking up their dogs poo. He has spoken to the office concerned who has said that there is nothing they can do, there has to be one rule for all. They did say that this limit is set for these houses only and that different camps have different limits, not that that helps us at the moment :(

i am currently trawling letting agents again to see if there are any rental properties around here

If it comes to it maybe we could manage to keep at least 3 of them as yogi is virtually housebound now because of his legs, so no-one would know about him, oh god i feel sick to the pit of my stomach. Justin is now looking on the volunteer lists to see if there are any postings or exchanges we could do to a different camp :(

are you on an army camp then? I am too, We never got told there was a limit here. I think if people cause a problem with their pets, it's the individual that gets dealt with, not the other residents. I'm gonna be sure to tell hubby not to apply for a camp with a pet limit, never thought it was something we would have to consider.

are you on an army camp then? I am too, We never got told there was a limit here. I think if people cause a problem with their pets, it's the individual that gets dealt with, not the other residents. I'm gonna be sure to tell hubby not to apply for a camp with a pet limit, never thought it was something we would have to consider.

Hi ya no we are RAF,

As far as i know every camp has a cut off point, our DHE office has said that all camps are different though so not sure about numbers on every camp. the individual that was breeding has been dealt with they have been made to rehome 8 of their poms :( and keep only 2 of them, this was also because you are not allowed to run a business from a forces home!

I think its just stirred up the landlords now into thinking how many others here have loads of pets. So they have now set a limit. What makes it more complicated is that these homes are not owned by DHE they are sublet from a private company, so they both have a voice in the way they are let and this is coming from the landlords themselves as far as I can gather :(

Does any1 know exactly how many dogs you have?Could you not walk Dougal with Keya,then later take Spirit out,if any1 said anything you could say the 2 sibes are the same dog....bit diff i know but sometimes people just see a sibe dont particularily notice the coat!!

Might work,worth a try at least.

What would happen if you did nothing,would they ask you to leave? would they not have to find you alternative housing,afterall you had your dogs before these rules came into being,can you not seek legal advice to see where you stand.

Hope things work out for you x

Does any1 know exactly how many dogs you have?Could you not walk Dougal with Keya,then later take Spirit out,if any1 said anything you could say the 2 sibes are the same dog....bit diff i know but sometimes people just see a sibe dont particularily notice the coat!!

Might work,worth a try at least.

What would happen if you did nothing,would they ask you to leave? would they not have to find you alternative housing,afterall you had your dogs before these rules came into being,can you not seek legal advice to see where you stand.

Hope things work out for you x

hi ya tania, thanks for the suggestions and I am considering any options.

Since all this started a few weeks ago before anything became official, we have been walking the huskies seperately,

spirit has been walked at 6am,

kaya and dougle at 9am

then hubby takes spirit out in the evenings and I take kaya and dougle and we meet up off the camp.

I think this would have been fine, but now official registrations forms have gone out to every home, i think the only choice is to move or rehome at least one of them. i think we would get away with yogi as he is never seen outside. I only walk him around the block in the evening as he cant manage anymore than that now.

the problem is everyone knows us and the dogs as they are a major magnet when all of them are out together :(

still trawling letting agencies

hiya , just read this i may be able to help im with a private landlord who has houses all over telford for his number please PM me. hes very reasonable and accepts pets in his houses hes fine with the us having our 3 here, hope this helps

I would try and get a charity behind you like Dogs Trust or the RSPCA as they can really push how difficult the rehoming process is and how full the shelters are already. It's disgusting that they think they can seperate families like this and force people to rehome their dogs.

Also, get the input from your local MP, as they might be able to defend you in this. You could even get the public interest and contact your local newspaper to try and get a petition flowing.

Stacey xxx

gutted for you hun, my thoughts and prayers are with you hoping for a good out come. I couldn't imagin having to chose between my dogs to see who stays an who goes. it's crule to think people can make you do that, every thing crossed for you xxxxxxxxx

Thanks guys for all your help, your all brilliant!!! i cant possibly choose between them, if it comes to it, it would have to be someone elses decision :(

Hubby is home soon so will get our heads together and see what we think. maybe we could just keep our heads down and see what happens, I think they have to give us 30 days notice if they were informed about our numbers. Just dont want him getting into trouble over this though with his work etc :(

thing is now you have questioned it you are on their radar. They may well check up on you, if they are being very vigilent. :( They are just big meanies! (cant put what I want to as that would be severe swearing and I would get into trouble):blink: Hugs

Is there anyone on Camp who would like to "Foster" 2 of yours.

You could still walk with them and visit, every day.

or even keep them at yours.

When an inspection is done, well the "new owners" are sick and you're

just . . . (ahem) . . . looking after them for a couple of days 'till they get back on their feet.biggrin.gif

Fingers crossed for you, are you sure you have read the form Correct? As they have still implied you can have 4 animals just seems strange it has to be 2 dogs and 2 cats, or is it 2 dogs OR 2 Cats meaning you can only have 2 pets?.

As you say the cats are not noticed as they are indoor cats, so maybe you can get away with having 4 dogs and no cats, instead of 2 and 2.......

Is there anyone on Camp who would like to "Foster" 2 of yours.

You could still walk with them and visit, every day.

or even keep them at yours.

When an inspection is done, well the "new owners" are sick and you're

just . . . (ahem) . . . looking after them for a couple of days 'till they get back on their feet.biggrin.gif

:) great idea andy LOl

I would do this, the only major prob is the actual owners of the properties have an office just around the corner from ours, so walking any of the dogs that we dont register between 7-30am and 5-30pm now is a no no :( we are just questioning if this is being fair on them, as we would constantly be calling them in from the garden in case they are seen and unable to walk them all together. Or any unregistered ones during the day. maybe it is kinder to them to rehome, at least one of them. that way we can register two and keep yogi under wraps. At least then the two can be out with me everywhere like they used to be. I am even afraid to put them all in the car together now :( this is such a hard place to be right now, i could scream! My heart is saying keep all 4 but my head is saying rehome at least 1 so they can lead full and active lives. If this is the case then it would be super to find someone from around here so we can still see them at mini meets etc.

There is no way ANY are going to rehome centers, if it comes to it. We will find homes ourselves.

I dont know what to do for the best guys, what would you do?????

Fingers crossed for you, are you sure you have read the form Correct? As they have still implied you can have 4 animals just seems strange it has to be 2 dogs and 2 cats, or is it 2 dogs OR 2 Cats meaning you can only have 2 pets?.

As you say the cats are not noticed as they are indoor cats, so maybe you can get away with having 4 dogs and no cats, instead of 2 and 2.......

Hubby has asked if its possible to substitute the cats for dogs (we just wouldn't register the cats then) but its a no, its 2 dogs and 2 cats or less of each :(

The other thing to consider is this company have 1 odd job man, who is responsible for all minor repaire etc etc, he knows how many dogs we have already so if they talk in the office once we register 2 (if we keep more) then everything will come tumbling down

The more we talk about this the more we ain't get a choice i dont think :(

I may ring them, come clean and see if they will allow us 3 in the short term, due to yogi's age. So then when, god forbid, yogi passes away we will then have 2

The other thing to consider is this company have 1 odd job man, who is responsible for all minor repaire etc etc, he knows how many dogs we have already so if they talk in the office once we register 2 (if we keep more) then everything will come tumbling down

The more we talk about this the more we ain't get a choice i dont think :(

I may ring them, come clean and see if they will allow us 3 in the short term, due to yogi's age. So then when, god forbid, yogi passes away we will then have 2

What an awful decision to have to make, having to as least give up one of your pack if not 2! have you made your choice already if the worst happens..........