Just To Say Hi

wezwee

Hi Everyone, Lovely Day :)

Just like to say hello and that im Wez,

With my two huskies,

JK - Big red and white with a face mask nearly two year old, who's the best cuddlier and the best food thief ever,

And my new addition Jazz - Dark grey and white with a eye mask Who's 2 months, and rather big for her age i would say, she eats like a hoover, any tips for that? because i think she gives her self the runs which isnt good,

Ohhh.. and the Mister Tiger, 8 Month old cat, (Boss) he rules the dogs

Where from Warrington and all cant wait to get involved

Thanks x

post-3734-1358596219518_thumb.jpg

post-3734-13585962195908_thumb.jpg

post-3734-13585962196377_thumb.jpg

post-3734-13585962198259_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the pack Jazz- good looking pups-

Look forward to hearing from you.

Any specific questions you have just post them up an you'll get lotsa answers.

As far a the run go- yea you're right, probly from eating too much. Put a little info up as far as age, weight, and we can get

a better idea of how much to tell you to feed.

What kinda food are you feeding now? and how much, how often?

well, her weight it 11.3 when she went the vets yesterday, and we got her from a girl who couldnt look after her, she had her a week and said, she's either 8 or 12... we asked the vet he said most likely 8 but she could be 12, I was like that helps lol. shes having hand full and half of food 4 times a day, and its that really bad food (Bakers) because thats what he last owner was feeding her so where slowly getting her off it to JWB,

You say a handful? That could be a lot or a little - How big are your hands? never mind. Start measuring out the amounts.

Try feeding her maybe a 1/3rd - 1/2 cup 4 times a day - and slowly mix the new food in with the old.

Has she been dewormed? She should be.

Welcome Wez.

Ok sounds like you may be overfeeding Jazz., this will cause the runs.

She will eat as much as you give her, not her fault she's a puppy and hasn't learned to stop when she's full.

Yes change from the Bakers it's well. . . . not very good.

Most Tescos stock Wainrights or Harringtons, that's about as good as you'll get without going to a proper pets store

Pets at Home or Jolleys.

There have been a ton of threads about what is the best food, have a search.

For now though.

Starve her for 24hrs (yes she'll scream and whinge and cry, coz she's hungry and that also means no treats)

make sure she has plenty of water.

Then. . . Boil up about 50g of rice (let it cool)

and give her this with a small cooked or uncooked chicken breast.

do this 3 times per day until she gets firm.

Introduce your new kibble (a small amount at first) let her system get used to the new food. smile.gif

she wasnt untill yesterday which i was shocked about, the vet give us free worming tabs xx

Pop her on either Harringtons puppy food (kibble) from Asda, Tesco's or Morrisons and this should stem any sloppy turds n also farting wink.gif Or, on Supadog puppy kibble (got a pic of a ltl JRT in brown & white on the front of the bag). She will fart on this but her turds may be bit moist.dry.gif Our Demon used to hoover his food (still bit greedy, but thinks his Dad will nick his when it's the other way round!biggrin.gif). I was giving him half your average coffee cup 3 times per day and he slowed down the hoovering. As he got older, I've upped his to a cup & a half twice a day. Any more than that, and we have sloppiesblink.gif. He does also get a few biscuit treats per day to, so take this into account on the poss of overfeeding.wink.gif

Hope this helps?mellow.gif

Ian & The Ingleby Krew

welcome to to the madhouse wez .... loads of info on feeding on the site ..do a search ...... sounds like your overfeeding her if she has the runs ..... keep an eye on the meet ups section asually someone going to the dog park near you ......

Hi and welcome to the forum! Your pack looks gorgeous! Your girl looks huge compared to my puppy but then im convinced my storm is small fo her age!! Hope all is well and don't be afraid to post any questions up-loads of people on here to give great advice!! x :)

Thanks Guys, it all helps a lot, well so far she only got fed 1/4 of a pint cup to eat and that was this morning so ill leave her with no food till next morn . then do the rice thing, how much chicken? like half of breast? or is that to much that would be a breast and half a day with 150g of rice daily? and just do this until her poo is normal? then on to decent food, xxx

Thanks Guys, it all helps a lot, well so far she only got fed 1/4 of a pint cup to eat and that was this morning so ill leave her with no food till next morn . then do the rice thing, how much chicken? like half of breast? or is that to much that would be a breast and half a day with 150g of rice daily? and just do this until her poo is normal? then on to decent food, xxx

I generally give our Koda a bag of boiled rice (4 pouches in a box at Aldi for 59p, but dunno their sizesblink.gif) and 2 chicken legs (again, 99p for 2 in Aldi) cooked (de-boned) for 3 days when he has the trotts. Normally okay after the third daywink.gif So I would prob give yours half a bag and 1 of the de-boned legs a day for bout 3-4 days as there's a fair bit on them.smile.gif

Ian & The Ingleby Krew