So angry with Haven Holidays

lebe03

I rang Haven Holidays today to pay the remaining balance of my Husky Campy holiday and they've suddenly decided that they no longer allow single occupants in their accommodation.

WTF !!! I've stayed at Haven sites all over the country and never had this problem before and although they've looked at my record of holidays with them the park Manager WILL NOT make an exception. Apparently the local Police have asked them not to rent to single people in an attempt to minimise the trouble casued on-site. I'm so angry I could throttle this manager who would rather have an empty caravan than let a single person occupy it for 3 days.

This now means that I may not be able to attend the Husky Camp which I the main reason I'm so angry. I'll need to see if there is any other accomodation available either on Ty Mawr or close by and if not look into buying a tent

They've cancelled the booking now so can't now say that someone else is going. On my initial booking I clearly stated 1 adult but now they say no single people allowed (arghhhh)

I just rang Ty Mawr and they have no Bronze Caravans available on those days so renting a caravan is out of the question.

Will look into buying a tent which will be an experience in itself as I've not been camping since I was 16

NOTE this is Haven Prestatyn that I booked as nothing available at Ty Mawr. It's not a problem I have with Ty Mawr

What a dumbass situation, jeez. . . anywhoo

Check out this Ebay page

http://sports.shop.ebay.co.uk/Tents-/36117/i.html?_nkw=camping&_catref=1&_dmd=2&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

lotsa good bargains on here and enough time to get it delivered.

Then you can camp it up with the rest of us. . . lol

I would recommend getting at least a 3 man tent

even if you're on your own the amount of equipment etc

is phenomenal. Plus you should be able to fit a crate in there with you for Polee biggrin.gif

You only need a tent and a sleeping bag, I'm sure everyone else will help where they can. We are taking two burners to cook on, you can borrow one if you need it. This burner is ok with normal pans. We will help you put up your tent. So come enjoy yourself.

They've cancelled the booking now so can't now say that someone else is going. On my initial booking I clearly stated 1 adult but now they say no single people allowed (arghhhh)

I just rang Ty Mawr and they have no Bronze Caravans available on those days so renting a caravan is out of the question.

Will look into buying a tent which will be an experience in itself as I've not been camping since I was 16

NOTE this is Haven Prestatyn that I booked as nothing available at Ty Mawr. It's not a problem I have with Ty Mawr

ill bet sum1 will have space for you and polee

LMAO remember Sarah n Marcs tent from the last camp.

It was like Cesars Palace on Grass. . . . biggrin.gif

Thats shocking, they were more than happy to let you book in the first place.

I've just copied this from there website ....If we change or cancel your booking As an experienced and responsible operator, our aim is to provide all the services, facilities and entertainment as described in our brochure and on our website. Should it be necessary for us to make any major changes to your booking, or in exceptional circumstances cancel your booking, we will endeavour to advise you, or your travel agent, and provide the following options:a) a replacement holiday comparable or superior to the one booked or

B) a replacement holiday together with the difference in price between the replacement holiday and the holiday booked or

c) a full refund

In addition to the above and provided it does not arise from circumstances beyond our control, we will also pay you compensation for any provable loss. Should a sole use event be booked subsequent to your reservation, in the interest of your holiday enjoyment, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and provide you with an alternative as outlined above. If your holiday is cancelled through non payment by yourselves then the above terms DO NOT apply. Please therefore ensure that you read these terms and conditions in relation to when payment must be received by Haven Holidays

Good Luck in getting it sorted

I'll be in a 2 man tent and wish I'd bought 1 a bit bigger, but hey ho it's only for a few nights and me n Saffi managed just fine last time.

I hadn't put up a tent for donkies years and Meesh and Jen were kind enough to just grab my tent and put it up for me without me even having to ask (thanks btw :) ) . Then I just went around asking to borrow hot water for tea/coffee and people let me throw chicken on their bbq's in the evening.

One of the main reasons ( police my arse ) they don't want single occupants in their accommodation is because you wont spend as much on site 2 spend more than 1, 3 even more well you get the idea blink.gif shit I know but the time you have booked is a busy time for them and all they are doing is maximising there profits, it was wrong of them to take the booking from you in the 1st place.

As for Ty Mawr there caravans sold out sometime ago ( posted it somewhere )

Hope you get something sorted Lee :)

Cheers for the advice peeps. (+1 to you all)

They're are graciously giving me a full refund as the 'error' is on their part so I'll use this money and look into getting a tent. It's even more annoying as I've just started looking into buying camper or touring caravan but won't be getting one until the end of this year at the earliest.