Lidl Dod Food?

wezwee

We go to LIDL now and again, and we went today and there was dog food, i look at the price and it was £6 for 10kg, i was very shocked and wondered why it was so cheap, does anyone know weather its bad for dogs? because LIDL arn't really known for selling junk are they? but the price seems so odd, i think it was called optidog

thanks

I don't know what is in the OptiDog food, however given the price it's probably not a premium product.

Ok the thing to look for in these products is the word Derivitives.

Basically yes it comes from the product, however it's not the best part, usually the husks (in the case of rice n cereals)

or meat products usually the bits of the animal that couldn't be used for anything else.

We feed our Barking heads

This is what's in it.

BARKING HEADS BAD HAIR DAY LAMB & RICE DOG FOOD 2KG

Lamb & Rice hypo-allergenic, limited ingredient, fixed formula. Carefully formulated for all dogs, and especially those that have a sensitive skin & coat.

Ingredients:

Fresh Lamb (min 26%), White Rice (min 26%), Dried Lamb (min 26%), Ground Oats, Lamb fat, Salmon Oil, Whole Linseed, Minerals, Dried Tomato, Natural Seaweed, Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM, Vitamins.

Typical Analysis:

Protein 22%, Fat 16%, Fibre 3%, Ash 9%, Moisture 8%,

Vit A 13,500 iu/kg, Vit D3 1,200 iu/kg, Vit E (tocopherols) 400 iu/kg,

Copper (copper sulphate)12mg/kg,

Omega 6 (Linoleic acid) 3.1%,

Omega 3 (Linolenic acid) 1.0%

The better types are more expensive.

If your puppy has a sensitive stomach then you may have to have the expensive food.

If you are lucky and your pup has an iron constitution then the cheaper varieties may do them ok.

Sorry I cant help as i have never seen this food. i have looked on the www.dogfoodanalysis.co.uk website for you but there is no review of it. i would be a little sceptical as i am a great believer in you get what you pay for, however there are always exceptions :D

hopefully someone will be able to help, if not next time your in there, write down the nutritional info and post it up ;)

We go to LIDL now and again, and we went today and there was dog food, i look at the price and it was £6 for 10kg, i was very shocked and wondered why it was so cheap, does anyone know weather its bad for dogs? because LIDL arn't really known for selling junk are they? but the price seems so odd, i think it was called optidog

thanks

Check out these links http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056020330 http://gundogforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24137 These sites have some good comments on it but one mainly suggests the black packet of this dog food. Anything with a high Protein content (more than 32%) and you'll have sloppy turds. Can only try, but introduce it slowly with the old food and don't be tempted by one flavour one day another the next as I did and caused a bit of a mess....oops!ohmy.gif

Ian & The Ingleby Krew

its awful, really low end food, and my OH agrees (he works there)

Full of cereals, no proper meat source (derivatives rather than actual meat), you might aswell sweep your kitchen floor and put what you get off there in your pups bowls

Full of cereals, no proper meat source (derivatives rather than actual meat), you might aswell sweep your kitchen floor and put what you get off there in your pups bowls

For newer members. . .

Sid_Wolf is our resident AUTHORITY on feeding and foods for Huskies.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

wot on earth do you mean.............my kitchen floor is spotless,you cud eat yor dinner off it!!!!,lol :lol::lol: