Yay got through my first day!

Staceybob

Hey guys!

So some know that I have gone on the LEAP course with Derby College that aims to help sufferers with mental health gain confidence and look forward to the future and also set goals for themselves.

I've been really nervous about it and yesterday was my first day.

In the morning I felt really sick and not like myself at all, Robyn and her mum noticed I wasnt feeling to good but they kept encouraging me and I pushed myself to go. I got on my bus and a petrol tanker had tipped over, so the driver said, people for the college will have to get off here and walk.

I had no idea where I was, but I spotted some people that looked like students and decided to follow them.

I eventually arrived and my social worker was waiting for me. Because of the crash people were running late so it gave me chance to settle down in the class room and talk to my social worker about Aleu and Robyn to take my mind off of things.

However, I spent the morning barely managing to get my words out and was stuttering like crazy.

I ended up only eating half of my lunch because one of my alters, Zak, decided to emerge so a lost a bit of my day but my carers and tutor said that it was ok and that Zak didn't cause any trouble which was great. I was stunned at how well they coped with it, but I assume they must have read my profile and have an understanding of how my disorder works before I came to enroll properly.

I had many opportunities to run away yesterday and leave, but thankfully I didnt. It was a really hard day but I stuck with it and even got to doodle a picture of Aleu on my Independant Learning Profile which my tutor thought was awesome.

And last night I came to huge cuddles from Robyn and Aleu who were really proud of me and I had a good cry because it was a bit of a wake up call for me that there is support available and that hopefully one day I can make something of myself and turn around and say, I pulled through. I may have alters but we can try to work together to make this life managable.

I've also had my letter for PsychoDynamic Therapy which I will be starting hopefully next week =].

Thanks for reading,

Just wanted to share how proud I am of myself because for me it's an unusual feeling.

Stacey xxx

Well done.

Great to see you getting on with studies.

You can't get anywhere without qualifications.

You'll do great. biggrin.gif

Thanks everyone.

I didn't like to talk about my condition before, but since I started talking to others suffering with the same condition I realised that I can either be who I am, or I can act fake, and I would rather my friends knew me for who I am as a whole than just one part of me =]

Stacey xxx