Need some training advice.

Shadowpup

I am so proud of Flynn! I've been doing training with him this morning as Yuri is at the vet. He now does 'sit', 'flat' (lay down), 'please' and 'roll over' That is from 5 mins of training. I was told he only knew sit! He's walking with out pulling on the lead.

There is one thing I need advice on though. I know sibes are very vocal but Flynn howls with excitement a lot especially on walks (which is fine as it's in the day when most people are working). But he is howling at 6am which is a bad time... How would

I teach him a shhh comand? When I ask him to be quit he gets even louder! If I could teach him a shhh command that would be awesome as my husband is getting very grumpy as he is keeping him awake when I go out in the morning with all his chatting

and he is feeling very sleep deprived.

you really want some advice..will sound odd though dogs that naturaly make noise gen make more when you tell them to shut up or shh or basicly challenge them

Here is what I would do encourage him to make noise that right to make noise.

Get his fave treat an make him talk on command then when he has make say shh or stop an soon as he is silent reward him you need to repeat this so he gets used to making noise on comand an soon as you ask him to stop he gets his reward

You gotttta jump in on the silent points quickly though

At that time of the morning he's probably saying. . .

"OI!!! new mum, I'm bustin for a PEE. . . . "

he's let out comes back in and goes back to sleep (I now wide awake).....an hour later he isnt burstin for a peeee but he still says

'morning'!!

LOL yeah, he's just a chatty boy. biggrin.gif