what my huskies do when they get loose

davidjk

well about a month ago suki had a fall and tore a shoulder muscle and got a puncture injury.

yesterday we took her back there, she seemed ok, but then got scared and ran off......................... to the car

last week someone left the side gate open #, and micha got out and sat on the front door step waiting to be let in.

my wife is an excellent husky trainer

They obviously love home.

and know where safety is.

You're sooooooo lucky. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Its great not to have the worry isnt it? When we get back from Asda and open the front door to get the bags in Kodah stands watching us and every time we turn our backs to get more bags from the car he shuts the front door with him inside!

If he is really rebellious he sometimes comes outside and jumps into the boot on top of the shopping bags.

wow - how lucky are you!!!!

Can she come and train my boys please?

Oh and my husband and the kids! laugh.gif

can she come and train mine aswell please - i only have the huskies n bings so not as much hassle as marc n 2 kids aswell ;) haha

ur girls are soooooooo good and i HAVE 2 meet them 1 day :D

mine are only so good because

1 my wife walks them for about 3 hours a day (i do the evening walk)

2 my wife has a natural affinity with animals. they just seem to respond well to her. My oldest daughter has it also, all the cats (5 of them) and the 2 dogs sleep in her room.

me and my youngest daughter are so jealous we love our dogs but the dogs always greet them first then us.

It's stories like these that make reading the following funny to me.

To quote part of it:

"Both breeds [Malamute/Husky] are born to run. Neither of these breeds should ever be left off leash to run in fields, woods, or neighborhoods. They will keep on running and will never come back."

It sounds so definitive that I find it humorous.

EDIT: After reading over that link I'm not sure how accurate the information is. It says a female Husky gets up to anywhere from 35 to 50 pounds...really? My 3 month old female Husky is 21.5 already...

lol at the oxford camp my boys where tied to the car, when i looked round only Thors harness was hanging there, S**t my self, we all dropped every thing to go look round camp.

an where was he lol in the boot of the car, Thors great he loves his boot xxxxxx

You are VERY lucky :D . When Kea gets out he runs and runs and runs and runs...... but it's usually down the block, turn around passed our house to the other end of the street, turn around and the cycle starts over. After a while he"ll come home. I used to take off looking for him, which meant he'd run farther away of course cause mom's coming too. then all of a sudden he'd be gone, I'd panic and start fearing the worst..... then my phone would ring with my neighbour saying Kea's home passed out on the deck! lol. :unsure:

When Glala gets loose you'll just have to hope she runs in an allay with a dead-end or gets stuck somewhere else. Last time it happened (my first time! :rolleyes:) her leash got stuck under the wheel of a parked car, she had 15 minutes of freedom.

When Dana gets loose, ehm, nothing happens. She just happily keeps walking next to me :lol: She doesn't always come when asked but she also doesn't run away when you get to here.