Introduction and hello from Northern Canada!

liorah1

Hello all!

My name is Liorah-- my husband and I recently welcomed Belle (now 13 weeks old) into our home. Our two cats have been slightly less welcoming but everyone's very interested in one another!

We got Belle when she was ten weeks old. She had been living outdoors in the Alberta winter with both her parents and her littermates, with very little human contact. It took her a week and a half or so to warm up to us but now she's very attached to both of us, and by all signs (and with a lot of work) now recognizes both of us as her alphas. Like all puppies she has two settings: on and off. She loves being outside (and has the winter coat to comfortably spend hours in -40 weather) but as humans we're not nearly as well suited-- despite that, we try to take her out as much as possible during the day. Belle is 3/4 Siberian and 1/4 Malamute, and at 13 weeks is already 24 pounds! Luckily we have a huge backyard and after spring, once we've put in a proper dog run, she can play outside to her little heart's content! My husband and I own a business so she comes to the shop with us during the work week, which is really nice for all of us.

Belle is my first puppy and I already have so many questions-- I'm excited to join this forum and I look forward to getting to know all of you!

gallery_4289_1163_12001.jpg

What a cute fluffball Belle is.

Welcome to the BEST husky Forum in the WORLD biggrin.gif

Hi Liorah, welcome to the pack. Belle is beautiful. I love her mask. Huskies are such a wonderful breed, but they do keep you on your toes. If you have any questions along the way, there are lots of great members who have tons of experience, so you will be sure to get the answers you need. In the meantime, enjoy Belle as she continues to grow. Take lots of pics and post them when you get a chance.