CSJ Kibble

Lil Miss Bump

http://www.csjk9.com/range/

I have had a brilliant response from their site and had some free samples sent and ozzy and d not only love the kibble but love the treats too!!

have any of you tried it?

if not what would stop you?

it's £13 for a £15kg bag.............that's £21 cheaper than wainwrights :o

this is the one we've tried tonight............

lambricegf_1984_thumb.jpg Lamb with Rice (Wheat Gluten Free)

Website Price £19.85

For dogs with extra-sensitive stomachs. (15 kg sack)

Now, wheat gluten free, this diet contains a minimum of 26%, highly digestible, real lamb and is the ideal choice for active dogs or dogs with extra sensitive stomachs. It has become a firm favourite with rough collies - with some 'winning' results.

Typical Analysis

• Protein : 22%
  • Oil : 10%
  • Fibre : 2.5%
  • Ash : 8%
  • Vitamin A : 14,000iu/kg
  • Vitamin D3 : 1,400iu/kg
  • Vitamin E : 200mg/kg
  • Copper (as Copper Sulphate) : 15mg/kg

Ingredients

Lamb Meal (min 26%), Maize, Oats, Rice (min 6%), De-hulled Soya Bean, Chicken Fat, Unmolassed Beet Pulp, Minerals, Alfalfa, Salmon Oil, Yeast, Minerals & Vitamins - stabilised with EEC permitted anti-oxidants, Mixed Tocopherols, Vitamin C and Rosemary Extract.

mike was worried about the protein content and didn't want ozzy to be hyper but wainwrights has 30% protein and these are all lower :blink:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't rate it, personally - too many cereals and all the others but the sensitive one contain wheat. Mine is allergic to wheat and maize.

I don't really understand concerns about protein levels, I want my dog to eat lots of protein (meat!). :blink:

That said, it's better (and cheaper) than Bakers, Pedigree Chum and other supermarket brands, so it's good in that respect.

well im going to try my guys on it how do i get a free sample as ice is a fussy eater we have one in mk which is great lol

just go to the website and you fill in a form for a free sample

remember when changing diet of huskies it can upset their tummy until they get used to it. So don't stop just because they are runny for a couple of days.

aye :)

Wagg is 1 star and is about £9.00 ish per 15kg, CSJ may be cheap £10.00 ish per 15kg buts its only 2 star on dog food analysis. I think you can really tell by how much you spend, all the basic no cereal ones are 3 star and about £30 per 15k, the more you spend the higer the stars on dog food analysis, 5 star food is generally about £50 per 15kg or more.....

I used to give Aleu CSJ when she was a pup and she LOVED it! I'm hoping to put her back on it once we've finished this bag of Best Choice.

It's decent food at a very good price and I know it works well with Aleus tummy and protein sensitivity.

Stacey xxx

seems this threads been mentioned in another thread, i was conveying information only, not telling you what to feed your dogs, you have to weigh up pros n cons, cost, amount you get for cost, nutritional value, your dogs needs (i.e - low energy or no cereal etc) and decide for yourself. as long as you are making an educated desision based on many factors relavent to you, i don't think there is any right or wrong food!

I may be asking a really stupid question here, so bear with me! Does it matter that csj is aimed at working dogs? I know the husky is a working dog breed but does it matter that the food is aimed at dogs who are actually 'working'. We got a sample puppy pack yesterday and teeko loves it so we'd really like to swap him on to it but, obviously, he is primarily a pet. He'll be learning to scooter and when his bones are strong enough he will be running, hiking biking....you name it. But he won't be actively 'working' like a sleed dog team or a sheepdog.

I may be asking a really stupid question here, so bear with me! Does it matter that csj is aimed at working dogs? I know the husky is a working dog breed but does it matter that the food is aimed at dogs who are actually 'working'. We got a sample puppy pack yesterday and teeko loves it so we'd really like to swap him on to it but, obviously, he is primarily a pet. He'll be learning to scooter and when his bones are strong enough he will be running, hiking biking....you name it. But he won't be actively 'working' like a sleed dog team or a sheepdog.

I depends, some dogs will go hyper, others will be fine, it all depends on the activeness of the dog, and the quality of the protein.

My 2 are both on 30% protein, and they are so lazy! They can work, and work damn hard when needed, but when we're not doing anything they just chill. :)

just speak to the nutritionist at csj if you have questions hun, they're really helpful....when they sent me my samples they had matched them up to what they thought would work best for ozzy and dex :) mine are both on 30% protein at the moment on wainwrights but aren't hyper in the slightest! and this csj has less protein...........but as sid says it could be the quality of the protein xxx