CSJ Kibble

Lil Miss Bump

I have used CSJ in the past and found it worked well. the only thing I did notice is if you change from a higher quality food you may notice an increase in the poo you pick up :rolleyes:

I also noticed that their stoolds were very crumbly etc. However their coats were amazing and they actually ate it for about 4mnths but then went off it.

So although its not a top rated food, for the price you pay you could feed much worse. stay clear of the champ and hike on though. Speaking to the nutritionalist from CSJ she adviced us to feed CP18 CP21 or the lamb and rice :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi guys

just seen this tread thought i would add my bit been on csj now for a long time get deliered of joan she fab lady as for the food mine went from just normal sibes running to have a lot more energy ect there food is great never ever had an upset tummy on it

we feed the old ones on the lamb and rice my old girl suffers with hot spots if to much protien and never had problem with her

feed the working dogs on super dooper and hike on more hike on during race season hike on 32% ( i think) is same price as lamb and rice but is made off salmon dogs love it and done very well last yr on it this yr not so good due to not traing alot my fault lol we also feed this to our pups from there first meal and they have all thrived on it

super dooper is chicken based and also never had problem on it what so ever only with bel who just didnt agree with her way to much protien at 27%

so all in all a great food

steve

I was reading up on the dog food analasis website and CSJ do a slightly more expensive (it's £3 more) 3 star food. I personally feel Yuri does really well on CSJ and I doubt I'll change him off this brand until we move to the US (hubby is American) and I doubt they would deliver. Aparently natural that'll do is 2 star but the herbie nuts are 3 star. I'll be switching up to that one next time I think. Just because Flynn is a big eater and it might help him more. Yuri loves his CSJ. I would change if we were better off finantually but I could feed worse imo. A lot of Arden Grange's products are rated highly and yet they are 2 and 3 star too.

• 2 weeks later...

Saffi has been on Bakers complete and wainrights wet food for years now. I've tried to change her from Baker to other foods in the past but she's a bit fussy.

So I requested samples from CSJ and they sent me LOADS to try. 4 x 250g of different flavour/type kibble and a bag of treats.

They also explained that Bakers isn't a bad food, it suits lots of dogs but it has a bad rep because it gives some dogs a bad tummy (like most foods don't suit everyone).

Saffi has tried the food and loves it :o

I was REALLY impressed with CSJ and will be buying it in future.

It's also not just for working dogs, they do a senior/light option which they have recommed and was 1 of the free samples. They said this option is good for older and overweight dogs...hey Saffi is fluffy not fat!! :unsure::P