Where To Pull!

wezwee

so say you want you huskys to pull, first of all, i can see my self going in the local streets with a sledge, or a scooter, is there any other options, i just made a joke about roller blades, and it got me thinking, what can they pull, what does everyone else use and where do they go. thanks :) xx

First off Roller Blades. . . NO !!!

Not unless you like hospital food. blink.gif

I use one of these on my Mountain Bike

http://www.walky.co....-dog-range.html

Man_riding_along_with_dog.jpg

LOL No that's not me. . . biggrin.gif

First off Roller Blades. . . NO !!!

Not unless you like hospital food. blink.gif

I use one of these on my Mountain Bike

http://www.walky.co....-dog-range.html

Man_riding_along_with_dog.jpg

LOL No that's not me. . . biggrin.gif

lol

Does that actually work very well? It seems like your center of gravity would be thrown off if the dog decides to randomly stop and pee on something.

lol

Does that actually work very well? It seems like your center of gravity would be thrown off if the dog decides to randomly stop and pee on something.

Your weight is over the seat and the WalkyDog is attatched under the seat.

When the dog pulls your weight Stabilises the bike.

The attatchment has 3 springs to absorb sudden pulls.

It works great. biggrin.gif

i use mainly

Amwa.jpg

training2021-1.jpg

or for one dog i use push bike with this attachment

P1010022-1.jpg

or my sled

b.jpg

mainly run in forests ..nice and early or late when there is no dog walkers etc or some times on farm again early or late not only to miss people but when temp is at its coolest.. it does vary from person to person but most people wont run there dogs when its over 10 or 12 degress depending on personal thoughts and particular breed.... but be aware if you plan on using local forest you do have to obtain forestry commision permit and liability insurance.. or if on farm then owners permission..

I will run with a bike, either one dog with a similar set up to those shown above, or several attached to a gangline, so they're out front pulling. On concrete or asphalt, try to keep the pace slower, to be easier on the joints - run on dirt, grass, or gravel when you can! smile.gif

Need to find a better place to run with my sled and rig - the farm fields around here aren't ideal for it. sad.gif

I will run with a bike, rig and a sled. I usually run anywhere from 1 to 2 to 4 dogs with a bike and with the rig and sled I can run all 6 of my sled dogs.

I don't suggest doing this but my friend has gone "dog boarding" (being pulled by dogs on a snowboard) with 10 dogs before. As far as I know he is still alive...........tongue.gif

I will run with a bike, rig and a sled. I usually run anywhere from 1 to 2 to 4 dogs with a bike and with the rig and sled I can run all 6 of my sled dogs.

I don't suggest doing this but my friend has gone "dog boarding" (being pulled by dogs on a snowboard) with 10 dogs before. As far as I know he is still alive...........tongue.gif

Wow he was brave....or was that stupid...hehehe laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

• 3 weeks later...