ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

john and leesa

Can't be arsed reading half of this crap am on my way out will read it when I get back, behave our I'll give out warnings angry.gif

I got a question on 1 part only by accidental mating I take it your on about pregnant !!!!!!!!!!!

Hand up all thoses with kids !!!!!!!!!!!!

Now put them down if it was planned !!!!!!!!!!!

Now the rest of you put your hands down if you know someone that as kids that did not plan them !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hands gone back up blink.gif

Ok that's flippant but believe me accidents happen ohmy.gif

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't be arsed reading half of this crap am on my way out will read it when I get back, behave our I'll give out warnings angry.gif

Oh Dunc you sound so fierce there...........can we skip the warnings and go straight to spankingstongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif.......pmsl

In the words of Rodney King.......can we all just get along???laugh.gif

On another note I am so stealing the drama llama. Going to have it made into badges and hand them out to certain people in my lifesmile.gif

I'm sorry you feel this way. If you take a look onto any other dog oriented forum... the topics of what to feed and "accidental" breeding are discussed daily and there are always strong words there. That's just how things are when people who really care about their dogs all get together. Personally, I think this forum is on the calm side because I've seen sites that just get downright nasty with it.

However I do think it's unfair for this to turn into a fight when this is your steamroom topic. I don't know what your intentions were when you posted this but i'm going to assume it's just to rant and not purposely start a fight.

No one here has anything against unregistered dogs, my 2 are unregistered, and they are more than welcome! Theres also bingo, who isnt even part husky, and everyone loves him.

I agree with you on the accidental matings, Kira was intact for 2 years, spent time around intact males while on heat, and we didnt have any 'accidents', but you have to just ignore it, if it bothers you, dont reply, I just dont bother reading the threads, or just leave the thread before I can get too wound up.

No ones slating anyone for what they feed, Yes we try to advise on better foods (me more than many), but it is for the dogs own good, good food doesnt have to be expensive, I feed a quality food at £34 a bag (inc. delivery) and it lasts a month for 2 dogs. Thats not expensive.

NO ONE should breed dogs for money, its selfish and unneccesary, I dont get what this has to do with rescuing?? Of course rescuing is good, it gives an unwanted dog a 2nd chance.

thanks sid :) +1 btw - like sid said no1 has anything against unregistered dogs - about half of the dogs on here probably ARENT registered or cross breeds - take bingo for example - he is half STAFFY half WHIPPET - no husky in there what so ever (tho he does howl ;)) and yet nobody has EVER turned to me n said - dont post on here about bings and its just a husky forum! they all love him - some of the members on here even want to steal him away from me!

takes kells aswell for example - shes got Echo a white GSD , and Diz who has Dexter a GSD X do we treat them any differently no we dont

yes accidents happen - we know that so we try to give out the best advice we can - hell my girl is still intact atm n she has been around an intact male (who is now neutered) and we managed to keep them apart but yes accidents happen - the only time we really do get heated up about breeding is when people join up and breed their dogs without any health tests and they arent doing it for any reason other than they think their dogs would produce gorgeous puppies - or they just want a pup off their dogs - thats when we tend to get a little bit frustrated

as with the food - no1 on here is saying NO you CANT feed that food! we are giving them suggestions as to what we feed and what we know is good for huskies who tend to have senstative stomachs - when feeding them stuff like wagg (hands up we are guilty here as ours used to eat that) is rubbish for them and just full off filler its like feeding ur child mcds n kfc for EVERY meal

People say how nice it is for a dog to be rescued but then they are soon quick to slate people who just breed them for the money

dont u see how condratictive that is (hope thats the right word) it IS nice for dogs to be rescued - 1 of mine is from a shelter n the other i class as a rescue as we are her second home after the owner only had her for a week - gorgeous white puppy with blue eyes is probs why they got her n they couldnt put up with her - so yes we do 'slate' (for want of a better word) people who breed for money because its usually the shelters that end up with these puppies :(

i hope you re-think how you see this forum as this is 1 of the best n friendliest forums ive ever been on - and im on a few - atleast when i post a thread on this forum i know im going to get laughs, and helpful advice = if people think im doing something wrong they will tell me - they wont have a go at me - and i appreciate them for that - and i have made some WONDERFUL friends on here that i now can not imagine my life without them :)

ETA: we even look after other peoples huskies when their parents ;) go on holiday or are sick or something! how many forums do you know who do that!? cant belive u can say this site isnt friendly and helpful :P

However I do think it's unfair for this to turn into a fight when this is your steamroom topic. I don't know what your intentions were when you posted this but i'm going to assume it's just to rant and not purposely start a fight.

I dont think anyones fighting personally so I think we're all good lol.

Stacey xxx

I think I need a translator for the first post, I'm thoroughly confused! :blink:

And for the record, this is the NICEST and most MATURE forum I've ever been on. Everyone is super friendly and helpful and the few times where people got in little "tiffs" everyone apologized and went on their merry way. :lol:

But I guess that's what I get, as my other forum obsession is car forums, and people are downright w***ers there! :P

Because of our love for this breed, we can and often do, come across rather strongly with our personal views on foods, breeding and more. Read through a few more threads and see if you still feel that way - we'd love another chance at being the forum that you need as well.

I think I need a translator for the first post, I'm thoroughly confused! :blink:

And for the record, this is the NICEST and most MATURE forum I've ever been on. Everyone is super friendly and helpful and the few times where people got in little "tiffs" everyone apologized and went on their merry way. :lol:

But I guess that's what I get, as my other forum obsession is car forums, and people are downright wankers there! :P

orrrrrr she said wankers laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Some people have taken to heart what has started this topic - please remember this is a general rant and not aimed i hope, at anyone in particular.

I've not seen anyone slating people for feeding a certain brand of food - advice is given in someone's opinion, which is what a forum is for, however myself and the staff here are on hand to diffuse situations if they arise if we feel a member is being unduly "targeted" for want of a better word.

As other's have already posted above, this IS a friendly forum and will stay that way. People go out of their way to help people not just with advice on huskies but with a whole manor of things.

I wholeheartedly take your comments on board and would love any suggestions you or other members may have on how to make this place better - at the end of the day - this isn't MY forum, it's OUR forum, therefore I strongly feel that all members should have a say in how things work. When i started this place a couple of years ago I had one goal in mind - to make it a fun and friendly place to be where others could give and receive advice on their dogs and to share things. I hope that this is still what it is today.

Oh Dunc you sound so fierce there...........can we skip the warnings and go straight to spankingstongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif.......pmsl

In the words of Rodney King.......can we all just get along???laugh.gif

On another note I am so stealing the drama llama. Going to have it made into badges and hand them out to certain people in my lifesmile.gif

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

i agree RE accidental and unethical breeding. completly un-necessary and IMO should be done for the breed only and never for money. Breeding is a massive responsibility and should only be done for temperament, health etc etc

what i get irritated with is reading posts about off lead, unsecure garden etc yes there will be exceptions to the rule but we all know the breed characteristics and when i read posts encouraging this i find that hard. when i've taken in fosters for such reason and then see it encouraged (& at times i believe it is encouraged) then that completly winds me up.

Welfare are overloaded and dont need any more strays etc

However i totally support the posts RE food. through marketing many owners have no idea that supermarket foods such as bakers is complete ****

Lastly i have seen on several occations where people were thinking of rehoming a dog (I think you were one of them) and the advice/suggestions given has enabled them to keep their dogs...that is something for HO to be extremely proud off. :)

I got a question on 1 part only by accidental mating I take it your on about pregnant !!!!!!!!!!!

Hand up all thoses with kids !!!!!!!!!!!!

Now put them down if it was planned !!!!!!!!!!!

Now the rest of you put your hands down if you know someone that as kids that did not plan them !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hands gone back up blink.gif

Ok that's flippant but believe me accidents happen ohmy.gif

good point made there dunc.. my Tikaani is because of so called mis mating / accidental.. my grandson that is due in june whilst my daughter was on the pill... so yeh accidents do happen.

John, Leesa, if there is something that has got you SO riled you posted this thread, please forward the links to admin or mods, that's why we're here, but if you don't let us know, we can't do anything about it.

I REALLY do not know where this has come from, totally confused, sorry :unsure: