Ouch :(

Sarah

Have been having problems with my knees for a couple of days - hurt when i bent them etc and felt like i had jello surrounding my joints - woke up at 5am this morning feeling sick and got out of bed to go to the bathroom and could hardly walk :(

Both my knees are swollen and i can't bend them because of all the fluid - rang mum and she took me to A&E - they think because it's not just one knee and i've not done anything different, it could possibly be Arthritis -ohmy.gif and I have to go back to my GP to be referred for further tests :(

The first thing that went through my mind was my boys - it would kill me if i couldn't walk them and Marc had to do it (would kill him too!!) i've been given pain killers and anti inflamatories and told to stay off my feet - how the hell do you do that with 2 huskies, 2 kids and a husband that could burn a salad!!!

So might not be making any meets for a few weeks - it's also given me a kick up the backside to go back on my diet. I exercise plenty - having 2 dogs kinda forces you too lol so that's not an issue as such........I have also finally relented and will be doing some mammoth training with the boys when I can walk them again so they don't pull - as this will be putting undue pressure on my knees.

I'm in lots of pain right now and its tearing me up that i don't know when i can walk my boys again :( :(

Cookies for anyone that got through all that!!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry to hear about your knees. I have arthritis in my knees and am on an inflammatory as well as Tramadol for pain, so I totally understand how you feel. I've had x-rays and doc wants to inject them with something or other but it just sounds too painful!

Hope yours get to feeling better! Thinking of you....:unsure:

------------and remember - you can live on take-out for quite a while! As for exercising the boys, get a wagon for them to pull you around in - that way you get out (to pick up food!) and they get some excercise.

So sorry to hear about your knees. I have arthritis in my knees and am on an inflammatory as well as Tramadol for pain, so I totally understand how you feel. I've had x-rays and doc wants to inject them with something or other but it just sounds too painful!

Hope yours get to feeling better! Thinking of you....:unsure:

------------and remember - you can live on take-out for quite a while! As for exercising the boys, get a wagon for them to pull you around in - that way you get out (to pick up food!) and they get some excercise.

Maybe a 3-wheel bicycle?

Hope that you're feeling better soon! The weather may have something to do with it, too. I've been really feeling sore and achy this last week with the changing of the seasons, here in Iowa.

It sounds like something i was diagnosed with in my Knees, one morning and i couldnt walk, both knees inflamed and felt like a pocket of fluid was just below the knee cap.

I went to the doctors, they sent me to the hospital to have an x-ray etc. i then went back to the doctors for the results and they said i had a disease in my knees that eats away the soft tissue around the knee,

now i cant remember what they called it, it was a long word, i was given tablets, these worked for a while, but if i ever walk for a distance or have a game of football, rugby ect, i will get really bad pain in both knees and need to take pain killers.

I hope they can sort it for you Saz :)

Sarah hope it's nothing and you are back to normal quickly.

I have trouble with my knees. Sometimes I need Jennifer to help me up. I broke two chairs at camp last year because I couldn;t get out of the seat with out putting all my weight on my hands, which caused the arms to bend. but would have been OK if I had been able to get out of it.They were cheap folding chairs But 99% of the time it doesn't effect my walking the dogs.

Oh Sarah, sounds like no fun. Do what the doctor orders, and take care of yourself. Hope you don't suffer too much pain, and they get things resolved straight away.

Ouch huni poor you :blink:

Get to your GP and get referred asap. They may start by triaging you through the Musculoskeletal service who decide whether to send you for some Physio or refer you to an Injection clinic or straight to an Orthopaedic Consultant or your GP may refer you directly to Orthopaedics. (Thats how it happens down here in our area anyways ;)) They will probably start with cortisone injections before thinking about any surgery. Keep taking your anti-inflammatories they will really help.

Don't worry though if the worst comes to the worst they can always give you new knee joints so you won't ever have to give up walking your doggies.

Oh saz I'm so sorry to hear this hun I know exactly how much hell you must be in not being able to walk the fur kids. I'm in a similar boat and I havne't even got to bond with Diesel one bit yet and already I can't do anything with him. I really hope you heal quickly and remember no matter how you feel doctors orders are there for a reason so try to obey them lol I know it's hard. If i could I would lend you my roomies one is an excellent cook and the other loves takking the dogs out oh and the one that cooks also has a cert in babysiting lol so your kids would be safe haha. Unfortunately they don[t toleratate lazy people so your poor husband would be doing some sort f physicaly labor LOL