Rate your bank for me please !!!!

instant-classic

Final straw with my bank yesterday, losing another cheque, thats the second one this year !!!!! anyway that makes 4 problems all related to them losing my money this year, so i'm changing. My current bank is Yorkshire bank, i've been with them for a bout 12 years with very little almost no problems but this year has been a nightmare and if i'm honest its more the attitude of the bank manger thats annoyed me (basically everything is my fault not theres) sooooooooo big question would you recommend your bank and if so who are they ????

i bank with rbs and natwest............i have also worked for them and mike still does..............

they're fine as long as

1-you dont want to actually go into the bank (as if you do you will be constantly hassled but remember it's because the staff get put on disciplinaries if they dont hit their targets every day and if you're a new face you're going to get the speial)

2-you NEVER go overdrawn (bcoz if you do you get charged to buggery if you dont notice before 2pm)

3-you never need something doing quickly.

internet banking is dead easy for them and the best way to combat not having to go into a branch

DO NOT take advantage gold-unless you read ALL the small print.........holiday insurance fine if you only go away every so often, car breakdown-excellent never had a problem and had to use them about 5 times now, mobile phone insurance have heard loads of problems with getting your money back...........

I have been with Barclays for 11 years and I have never had any problems.

They gave me a generous overdraft when I needed it being a student! and i still have it 8 yrs after leaving uni & it has come in handy!

I had someone use my card details to buy a mobile phone which ended up being about £250 worth of bills as well and they refunded it all to me straight away.

Their online banking is great too.

im with nationwide and ive had no problem with them at all always easy to get hold of over the phone and sort out any problems straight away.very easy having internet banking aswell. ive been with RBS and hated them,been with HSBC and they are one of the worse banks ever.my mums with natwest and thinks they are a good bank also.x

I switched to A&L from Barclays as the charge to even have a current account with Barclays was something like £12.50 and always increasing. There is no account fee with A&L unless I use my overdraft. If I use my overdraft I get charged £5.00 that month. I do all my banking online with them and have never had any issues at all. Plus A&L are part of the Santander group now so I think they are marginally safer than the smaller banks. I have had loans for A&L in the past as well and they were dead easy to set up.

im with natwest - the only hassle ive had since i first opened my account about 6 years ago was the other month when £30 went missing out of my account that i hadnt spent they did sort it out - but they said they would send me a new card and pin - and some papers to sign - well they sent out the card but nothing else - so i rang about the pin - oh u can still use ur old 1 - grrrr and because i didnt recieve the papers then skyla got attacked i forgot about it - till the £30 went back out of my account BUT i went back in n they sorted it for me n the £30 was back in my account that night

I've been with Halifax for as long as I can remember, but I wouldn't recommend them as they have recently decided it's a good idea to divert to the dark ages!!!

When you used to go in to withdraw/deposit or whatever, the cashier used to swipe your card/book did what they need to to and bob's your uncle and off you go.

Last month they decided it would be a good idea to introduce deposit slips... the ones where you have to fill out your bank details and the amount of money involved in the transaction on a form before they'll let you speak to a cashier... customers have been complaining non stop since they introduced this and it makes queuing times longer!!!

I also have a Nationwide account so might be moving everything to them as I've had no problems with them.

I've been with Barclays for about 12 years and when my card was cloned they got in touch straight away and refunded me the money - no filling out forms or hanging around.

Get a nice overdraft too and personal service, charges are low if you go over drawn and easy to use online banking :)

honestly mate be careful with natwest coz we are constantly getting charges from them.............they charge you between £12 and £35 for going overdrawn by anything like 1p!!! we went overdrawn by 23p over christmas and ended up with £50 of charges!!!!!!!! and we check our banking every day to make sure we haven't gone overdrawn but they they'll add things on the next day and say it was for the day before :angry:

if we didn't HAVE to have a natwest a/c (coz mike works for them) we wouldn't be with them i dont think, saying that i have NEVER had a problem with RBS which is run in exactly the same way, same products but diff names etc etc-all the rbs and natwest staff got trained together too :blink:

I have accounts with Barclays, Lloyds TSB, and RBS and would recommend either Barclays or RBS but would never recommend Lloyds TSB as they're a waste of time

I even managed to arrange a mortgage with RBS some years ago having never been into the branch and being a relatively new customer

RBS branches in the UK have all been bought by santander btw so maybes they'll be starting something where you can do your banking in either............:blink:

in natwest you can pay in to an RBS account with a deposit slip only...you can't do it with your card, and it doesn't show immediately like if you paid it straight in at an RBS.

dont get me wrong if you never ever go overdrawn you'll be fine with natwest........i'd make sure you get an overdraft if you think you may go over at any point.......

good luck!