SHOCKED

jemmer

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When Kells was 11 there was a girl in her class pregnant.

Her son is a couple of months older than my youngest.

The girl is now 26 her son is 14.

Educate all you like, it's about parents knowing

where their children are and what they are up to.

ive just seen this on the tv on Loose women and i think its disgusting i wouldnt want my children seeing pictures like that its one step away from letting them watch!!!!! its totally wrong they should just stick to 15/16 sex education lessons. then they wonder why there are so many young teenage pregnancies ! its so wrong but thats my opinion sorry rant over haha

They were discussing it on This morning programme earlier. I was gobsmacked. There is NO way my 6yr old will be attending that class if it is taught this young. I have a 12yr old son and I would even think twice about him learning about sexual positions! i realise the need to tackle the issue of teenage pregnancy but feel this is a step too far and too young an age!!!

i cannot understand how teaching a child of 5 what an orgasm feels like or how to mastibate ect is helping ,yes i understand a child that age will ask questions like where do babies ect come from, and as a parent you give an answer that the child will understand, not in complete grafic detail !!!!!!! .. WHAT IS THE GOVERMENT THINKING¬!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think this needs to be stoped befor it reaches the schools. i too would not be allowing my daughter to be tought this at that age and not in the way they are intending. but will taking our children out the class stop them finding out this information from the other children, making it even more worying ....surly if parents and non parents think this shouldnt be allowd there must be some way of stopping it

Another example of government overstepping what it was intended for.

Human sexuality is a very complicated issue...it's one thing to make sure your children are comfortable with calling their ****** a ****** and their penis a penis...this is something else entirely. I'm of the personal opinion that teaching children about these particular topics is up to a parent...and not really the place of government to do. If it were happening in the states I'm sure there'd be more than one case going to court on the basis of exposing children to graphic sexually explicit images is a form of child abuse.

My dah used to tell me...'you've got the rest of your life to be an adult...only a few years where the world is new and surprising...enjoy them.' He was right...adulthood comes soon enough and with it all the pros, and cons and bits in between...but you can't go back to those times when you still believed in Santa Clause and playing dress up with the serious devotion you did back then. Why try to rob our children of that precious time? Seriously...what's the hurry to have them grow up?

Both my children are off sick from school this week, so out of interest I have just asked my son what the content of his sex ed class was. His answer was " I cant really remember mum, i think they mentioned about periods, the egg, sperm and condoms and that was about it" that just goes to show how silly the government is thinking about introducing this from 5+yrs as he was 10yrs old when he had the lesson! how much of this will be retained or understood??

it wouldn't surprise me.If as parents we allowed our kids to watch this crap they would remove the kids and lock us up but some pervs get away with it in the name of education. letter to education dept may be in order signed by every parent in school

unbelievable...please let kids be kids...they grow up far too quickly as it is. 5yrs...come on...

HOWEVER

countries like sweden have a very different view to us on how to deal with sex eucation adn they do raise it and talk about it 'normally' from a very young age and their teen pregnancy age is really low.

what the answer is im not totally sure but from my experience its about self esteem. If that was worked on teen pregnancies would be reduced.