SHOCKED

jemmer

While some of it doesn't bother me, my kids (at 10 and 11) have no need IMO to know about sexual positions or what a prostitute is. They know about ***/lesbian relationships as Conor asked so I explained it to him that sometimes men fall in love with men and women with women. But do I want him knowing about sex right now, HUGE no lol, he is no where near mature enough in his attitude/behaviour

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just thank the Lord my boys are 20 & 21 and I don't have to worry about my children being subject to this, I really do feel sorry for you parents of junior school age children that might be faced with this if it comes in. It's one thing to teach & educate the basics, but is there any need for such a young age to know THAT much?? They will learn in time when it is more appropriate for them but please let them enjoy their innocent childhoods :(

good idea,will see if i can work out how to start a potion online..... anyone know how???

I don't honestly know that online petitions are as useful, from what I've heard, as good, old-fashioned, paper petitions that people actually sign! I would suggest that maybe you start a campaign online to have everyone start a paper petition in their community or schools, and take that to your MP. Letters sent to your representative(s) would probably also be helpful.

That is truly disgusting! Can't imagine how someone came up with such trash! blink.gif

This is crazy.. I had a one week sex ed class in 7th grade, and we learned nothing besides STDs (mainly AIDS) and the menstrual cycle. Girls only class.

Before and after that, it was a forbidden topic until college.

Those pictures and words are WAY too much for a 5 year old.. aren't they still learning how to spell 4 letter words at that age?!

This is something that should be left up to parents to do, not schools. Unfortunately because most parents don't for whatever reasons, the government is trying to do it for them.

I don't think 5 year olds should be getting this.. but when you start seeing pregnant 11 year old girls in the hospital, I don't think it's a bad thing to start teaching a little early :\

A friend of mine works at the hospital here and says she sees at least 2 girls under the age of 14 every week, that's heartbreaking. I live in a small city, so 2 each week is really concerning. That's hardly even "teen" pregnancy too; I don't even want to know the statistics for actual teens :\

Geez, seems really over the top! Surely they can see there's no need to be this graffic with children. At my nephews pre school, last week a boy there said to another child, touch my *boy parts*.

Because this child said that, the school has had to ring child services .

Imagine how children are going to talk to each other once they've learnt this? They don't understand what it is really still anyways. No need IMO.

...Surely teaching little 5 year old susie and 5 year old tommy about how wonderful an orgasm feels is just going to encourage them to touch one another earlier on.

As for the homosexual stuff, I think it's important that they educate in that, but I dont think that at that age it's particularly necessary other than encouraging children to be more open minded.

When I was 5 I dont think I was even taught about sex, thus I didn't want to do it because well... I'd never heard of it!

Stacey xxx

We've got all of our adult lives to worry about sex and relationships. Why is the government so intent on trying to force our "babies" to grow up to fast. That's the problem with society today, all the kids just wish there lives away and want to grow old before there time.

I for one will not be allowing my daughter to be in these lessons, should they introduce them into schools.

While I totally agree that this is something far beyond what a five year old needs to know, and also agree that I would be pulling him/her from any time periods that this information would be presented, what I think must be remembered is that schools are forced to teach what many parents will not talk to their children about.

For example, when my children were in the 5th grade, time was taken out of their math classes to teach DARE (Drug Abuse Resistance Education). I went to the school to discuss my feelings about the classes which in a nutshell, follows: I fail to see why my children should be taken out of a math class to teach a social issue because the majority of parents are unwilling to discuss it with their own children. Discussions on drugs, sex and other 'moral' issues were commonplace in our home - unfortunately they are not in most homes.

I also took advantage of my right to view materials which would be presented during sex ed classes provided to my kids when they were in fourth grade. The teacher told me that I was the only parent who came in to see what the kids would be presented.........Had I felt that material to be more than what they needed to know, I would have pulled them out of the class. As a parent, that is your right.

The thing is that parents seem to be more than willing to allow the government to teach their children moral issues because many are terrified to present their own values to the kids. This is a rampant problem in the U.S. anyway.

I urge you to make your views known to your schools and if they won't listen, write letters to newspapers, organize parent groups or whatever else it might take to take this off of lesson plans. The bottom line is that these are your children and it is your right to determine if the materials are age appropriate according to your family values.

Most counties have banned cigarette advertising and smoking in any media because, we're told, kids are driven to smoke when they see it demonstrated.

Yet those same people say these sorts of things are not driving kids to have sex at ridiculously young ages.

Huh? I don't get it.

Geez, seems really over the top! Surely they can see there's no need to be this graffic with children. At my nephews pre school, last week a boy there said to another child, touch my *boy parts*.

Because this child said that, the school has had to ring child services .

Imagine how children are going to talk to each other once they've learnt this? They don't understand what it is really still anyways. No need IMO.

Not long after we moved over here, the kids were playing in the gym and a 9 year old got his willy out to Niamh and then about a month later a kid the same age as her (8 at the time) told her to suck his willy :o) Needless to say I was soon knocking on his mums door