Steam room changes

Marc

not that my opinion counts...but i disagree too!! LOL the reason i disagree cos in the husky/dog world info travels fast and if someone has made a comment about someone else or a specific situation then they have a right to view (like a recent scenario which occured only last weekend) . that got round like a forest fire and personally i feel that was a good thing as it was inapporpiatly posted and the people involved who probably werent members on here could have viewed it themselves.

Before threads are created more thaught needs to go into them to ensure its not personal and can cause offense

IMO

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why wouldn't ur opinion count? U use the forum...i think posts are always going to offend someone no matter how much you sugarcoat things and bend over backwards to try and make sure they don't. I think the post that you are referring to (if i'm thinking of the right thing) wasn't inappropriately posted as it if hadn't been posted then behaviour such as that would continue with others oblivious that it goes on. also is wasn't marc's idea it was dave's and it-imo is a corker of an idea, stops people coming on just to cause trouble and grass on others. All just my opinion x

not that my opinion counts...but i disagree too!! LOL the reason i disagree cos in the husky/dog world info travels fast and if someone has made a comment about someone else or a specific situation then they have a right to view (like a recent scenario which occured only last weekend) . that got round like a forest fire and personally i feel that was a good thing as it was inapporpiatly posted and the people involved who probably werent members on here could have viewed it themselves.

Before threads are created more thaught needs to go into them to ensure its not personal and can cause offense

IMO

Like you say " IMO " is just that I don't happen to think your O is right but its nice to have one :)

I think it will do its job and is a great idea :) IMO laugh.gif

IMO

Your opinion counts as much as anyone else's on here :)

The suggestion was made to have the steam room moved as its not a great thing for new members to see or guests when they first come on - the site sponsors voted along with staff and it was decided that only registered members who have made 10 posts or more could view it - all other aspects of the forum are for open view - people don't HAVE to be a member to read all the advice that's accumulated on here as i've always felt it's better to educate as many as possible and i don't see why we should restrict that education only to those that take the time to sign up.

The steam room isn't IMO an "educational" area really it's more a - get it off your chest sort of thing and is more generally about people's lives - someone posted a few months ago, to give an example, about hardships they were facing in their workplace, this being an open board meant that their work colleagues saw it and this resulted in a lot of hardship for that member. "hiding" the steam room, gives people a bit more security for want of a better word, to be able to share things with their "husky family"

The post you're referring to above I agree shouldn't have been posted and if i'd have seen it sooner it would have been removed until a discussion had been had as to it's suitability. That being said, it was someones opinion on something that had happened that concerned them and they were voicing that concern. if no names had been mentioned it may have had a different outcome.

The husky community in the UK is very tight nit - if someone sneezes everyone knows about it lol

I'm not saying this is a permanent fixture now and if more people want it open to public view please post up - at the end of the day this forum is for everyone and everyone is entitled to have a say in how it should operate x

Good idea!

Sarah I agree totally-there's Things you want to let off steam about in other areas of your life but necessarily do not want other people out there to see as it can cause problems. Therefore o agree that it should only be the 'husky family' that gets to see it.