Accident - Crash on walkydog :(

Staceybob

Hey guys typing this one handed so it might come out a bit poor.

Ive just hadf an accident on the bike. An old woman startled us and Aleu went one side of a bollard and I went the other. The Walkydog caught the impact and sent me flying.

Amazingly the harness I sewn for Aleu stayed perfectly intact, but the clasp on the walky dog has bent and snapped so Aleu got off lead. Amazingly though as I sat on the floor in pain, she didn't run off! Quite the opposite, she came over to me and sat next to me. We even saw another dog and she didn't move a muscle.

I've injúred my wrist, but to what extent im not sure, it's red and swollen but not too painful, think im going to just leave it and see how I go. Aleu is ok you'll be pleased to know. Luckily I was wearing a belt, so I attached the belt to Aleus collar and balanced the bike using my elbow and managed to walk back to the house.

Im really lucky as I was wearing no protection or helmet so we've scrapped this quite luckily.

I guess thats us out of action for a while. It's not going to stop me biking though, I'm going to buy a new clasp soon, but will have to be more careful.

Stacey xxx

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

oh so sorry to hear that :( Hope your wrist gets better soon, and glad to hear Aleu's ok! Lots of luck you had there!

Huskies are so amazing when it comes to their owners being hurt/etc... just yesterday, I was lying in bed feeling REALLY down, and then I suddenly feel a cold wet muzzle in my face, and she just licks away all the tears and then lay her head next to mine with some soft whining sounds... made me feel so much better <3

Wow you are very lucky.

I hope your wrist isn't more than sprained.

Aleu is such a good girl staying with you.

and

I agree old lady are scary. biggrin.gif

Sorry about your accident, hope your wrist is ok.

I have had accidents tripping up etc and let go of the lead but nether have any of my huskies ever run off and left me. Whe my mum broke her leg walking Buck one night he stayed with her and howled for attention. My mum got her leg caught between two rocks as she twisted her leg. It was a very bad break and she was in hospital ages, but she always said it was her fault not Bucks. I felt guilty though because I was in the Las Vegas on holiday.

Stacy hope next time you will wear protection,

That actually put a smile on my face lol, thanks.

You should see the walkydog clasp - its screwed. Trying to find a new one online but I may need to ask Nix where she got hers.

Stacey xxx

Here's the link to the walkydog site

http://www.walky.co.uk/walky-dog-range.html

• In case of an accident, Walkydog ensures that the dog will not detach from the bike and wander out into traffic.

LOL. But the clasp my snap and they might get loose and wander out onto traffic. Lucky Aleu was on her best behaviour lol.

Stacey xxx

Aleu was brilliant with you- I Hope Storm grows up like that :) xx

That's a really sweet thing to say, thank you.

I just called the Walkydog company about what they have written on their website, and they agreed it's a bit stupid to write that, so they've asked me to email them pictures of the clasp and they're going to look at taking that bit out. They were on about going through warranty and stuff but I just said, at the end of the day, they cant help the fact that I had a crash and Im not bothered about buying a new clasp, I just think to cover their own butts, they shouldn't cover their clasp like that on their site which they agreed with so...

At least Walkydog will be covering their butts a bit more!

And I've just been to the pet store, and they sell clasps for £1.25. So I think a few weeks rest before we go back on the bike!

Stacey xxx

Oh so glad you guys are ok...except your wrist :( hope it heals quickly. Make sure you get it checked if it gets any worse. I am about to take mine out on the walky dog too shortly. I always hope not to have an accident cause I am scared that if the bike falls the wrong way that the walky dog attachment may poke the dog and injure them. Maybe its a good thing that she got loose so she did not get hurt by the bike falling on her. So proud of her that she did not run and came to check on you instead!!! When it was icy outside I walked them and there was a spot of ice under the snow and I started slipping. Amazingly both of them stopped and looked at me like: Are you ok? I did not fall but would have if they had kept moving and me trying to get my balance. Its amazing that they know when to be good. Now if they would just be like that all of the time....ha ha ha ha...but then they would not be Husky's would they? LOL. Hope you recover quickly and that Aleu is not freaked out by the bike now.