annoying husky owner!!!

Kirbysowner

we were at the park yesterday and this girl came in with a husky. she looks at kirby and says "oh yours seems to have SOME husky in him" I made a wtf face and told her he is actually purebreed and AKC registered. she made this extremely surprised face and said, "are you sure, because he doesn't look like mine" to which I kindly replied "yours seems to come from a show line, mine is more likely from a racing line" and of course she didn't know what the f i was talking about .....so annoying to hear people say their husky is the "standard" for how a husky is supposed to look without knowing how diverse the breed is....SO FREAKING IGNORANT!!!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, actually, I was one of those 'ignorant' people before I joined this forum. I was confused about how they could be the same breed, pure-breds, but still look different from each other. But I still knew they were of the same breed. >.>

But now I know. I figure mine must be from a racing line, if he is a purebred.

Most of mine are pretty laid-back and don't need a lot of exercise. Some are more hyper, some not so much! wink.gif

I thought my boy was weird! He's never bugged me for walks or was super anxious to exercise. Laid-back husky for the win!

LMAO Mine get 5 or 6 one mile walks EVERY DAY !!

they start getting restless and insistant if they don't get their walks.

LMAO Mine get 5 or 6 one mile walks EVERY DAY !!

they start getting restless and insistant if they don't get their walks.

:stupid: My boy is REALLY laid back...except for that 45 minutes after work when I come home and he insists(more like demands) that we go for a run(if I'm not fast enough he starts getting really restless and tells me about it). Then it's back to being really laid back.<_< But every husky is different. Just cause mine likes 4-5 mile runs everyday doesn't mean all do.

To the OP, I feel your pain!

well well, looks like she knows A LOT about huskies, huh rolleyes.gif

I sometimes get something similar to this, but not because of her build, but because she's pure white...

recently, a woman with a tiny pincher said this to me:

"Is that a white shephard?" "Ah now, that's Husky." "Huh? but...she's white. Huskies don't come in white." "They aren't as common as other husky colors, but it does exist, yes."

"What are you saying? She's not a husky. You should get her DNA checked sometime" then the person laughs and goes away.

Honestly...don't go talking like that when you know nothing about the breed. And of course, white shepherds totally come with blue eyes laugh.gif

I get the same response about my girl Storm, here are some of my favourites- " that's not a proper husky!", "she must be Albino" or my personal fav. . . " but she has two different eyes, she HAS to be a cross breed??"

Gah some people!! Ggrr

Just yesterday someone we came across on our walk questioned Andy's "huskiness" because of his color. I assured her that they came in all sorts of color, while also trying to assure her that Jackson, who was howling and pulling and screaming to play (with his dad on lead about 10 steps away) was not going to attack her and her little mixed puppy, he just wanted to play. We also met a white GSD that was huge and when I asked if he was friendly, he said not at all. Guess I wasn't surprised, but the dog was huge and white and his name was "Casper" (like the ghost!) He did not look happy to run into my boys on the trail.