Most embarrassing moment

Rosemary

I am posting this separately to the thread on Zena's outing yesterday, because my husband would want to read that post ;)

Yesterday, when we stopped at a restaurant for lunch, I had my handbag, camera, helmet, and jacket in my hands so told Monty he must not forget to bring Zena in with him. I then turned around and made my way to our table and sat down.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I honestly wasn't thinking - my feet were killing me and I just wanted to sit down.

Monty came in to the packed restaurant - OMG - the look on his face was priceless - I wish I had the camera on but I missed the shot of a lifetime.

Here he was - the biker dude - dressed in his leather jacket, biker boots and carrying his helmet and Zena - a stuffed toy. He honestly looked baffled, he wasn't sure how to carry her. He was just so awkward :lol:

He sat down - looked at me and said 'Bloody hell - next time why don't you just give me your handbag to carry as well"

Apparently, when I told him not to forget to bring Zena, there were a number of people hanging around admiring the bike - I honestly didn't notice - and there he was with his wife telling him to bring the toy husky :lol: :lol: :lol:

Becky, I was just as nervous :) When Zena arrived I had absolutely no idea what we going to show you all - we don't have much going on around here either :blink: All we have is the scenery, and we 'see' that every day or at least every weekend so it was all a bit daunting. But then I thought I need to look at it through the eyes of a tourist (which Zena is), or through the eyes of someone who has not seen this part of the world before, and we took it from there.

My favorite photos were the wonderful children with their truck made from scrap wire, the German tourist's bicycle and Robbin Island in the mist - we were just in the right place at the right time.

It has been a lot of fun and I wish I could have had her for another month, but I am sure everyone is bored with SA by now.