Zena - Table Mountain

Rosemary

We took Zena to Table Mountain today, but it was a bust. The wind was howling and the mist was so thick you couldn't even see the sea or harbour. We took some pics anyway :)

This is the dam which supplies our water

gallery_1365_1334_5844.jpg

The following pictures are taken from the lookout point on sir Lowry's Pass - about 5 minutes from home

gallery_1365_1334_33301.jpg

Excuse the helmet hair :blink:

gallery_1365_1334_94550.jpg

It is a favourtie launch site for hang gliders - they are CRAZY

gallery_1365_1334_109155.jpg

gallery_1365_1334_51619.jpg

gallery_1365_1334_1965.jpg

These photos of Table Mountain were taken from Signal Hill

gallery_1365_1334_97223.jpg

In this photo you can see the cable car base station and receiving station on the top of the mountain

gallery_1365_1334_47350.jpg

gallery_1365_1334_130195.jpg

The city of Cape Town - business and residential

gallery_1365_1334_12269.jpg

gallery_1365_1334_101430.jpg

A Muslim Kramat on Signal Hill

gallery_1365_1334_5966.jpg

And now my favourite photo and the reason we were on Signal Hill. This is Robbin Island where our beloved Madiba (Nelson Mandela) was held from 1964 to 1982 when he was transferred to Polsmoor Prison - the mist was so thick but just for you it cleared up just enough to see the island :)

gallery_1365_1334_17099.jpg

Because of the shocking weather along the coast we had to cut our trip short and popped in by my daughter for a quick cup of coffee. They had just arrived back from a trip around the coast themselves so Zena had her photo taken on the Porsche :lol:

gallery_1365_1334_104268.jpg

Yes Brian - the wind was howling so badly that's why Zena is only in two of the photos :lol: We didn't take a pic of her at the lookout point either - we were worried the baboon would try and take her away from us - they are very unpredictable creatures :lol: So with the wind and baboons, no Zena pics :(

i am NOT going to be able 2 top this - zena will be well bored at my house lol

laugh.gif i'm thinking the same thing - planning on finding out what makes my town unique eg it was the birthplace of the co op so might take her there and then other local sites - google history of your area and see what you can find - or take her to work with you as well

can try n take her to have her pic infront of the cov catherdal (old 1 not new 1) from how it ended up after the blitz and the godiva statue i guess lol thats about it

That would be fantastic Nix - is that Lady Godiva the naked lady on the horse ?

My granny used call us Lady Godiva when she was ticked off at us :lol:

That would be fantastic Nix - is that Lady Godiva the naked lady on the horse ?

My granny used call us Lady Godiva when she was ticked off at us :lol:

yeh it is

could take her to the transport museum too n get her on some of the cars n old busses n stuff lol - theres not much to do in cov

maybe pay to go up the tower in the catherdral too - SOOOO many steps tho lol

Amazing Pics Rosemary.

chillin with baboons and sitting on a Porsche. WOW!!!rolleyes.gif

Jeez the best we could do here is a dead badger by the side of the road and a clapped out citroen saxo. . . lol biggrin.gif

So Zena's trip will consist of two stops now that Rosemary has set the bar so high. :lol: The only history I know of connected with Lubbock is that this is the birthplace of Buddy Holly. :unsure: The only scenery around here is a lot of cotton fields. :o

Hmmmm, if you take her pic there, perhaps Gi and I could get her to the site near us where he died.