So . . . That didnt go well . . . .

PolarStorm

As some of you know I had an interview this morning, I was all set-knew my stuff and thought i was confident . . . . .

I got in and sat down-charmed them with my smile, they asked me questions relating to my work experience etc Think i answered them ok.

However there was two women interviewing and one of them sat looking utterly bored even before I sat down! (i was the first one that day so it wasn't as if she was fed up interviewing) She sat with her face in her hand-didnt take any notes. I don't really know what to take from this experience but as soon as I got home I wrote down some of the questions so know what to expect the next time.

Oh well-back to the drawing board :( More time to spend raising my baby (Storm that is!) :)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they say what they did - was it one person from HR and your would-be manager maybe? If you were getting technical questions and they're not technical, they might just have glazed over.... I know some managers who don't like interviewing people or doing appraisals, so might just have been one of them...

Fingers crossed, it's difficult to tell how it went from how you think it went sometimes...

Cheers

Vince

She may have been like that for every interview?

Just remeber not all of the people that do interviewing are perfect for the task. She may have been dragged in to do it at the last minute and it may be something she hates doing or she may have been having a really bad day?

If you went in first and she was like that i should imagine that she was like that before and after the interviews.... she's probably a miserable moo all of the time lol :D

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :D

looks like someone should brush up on their interviewing skills, it was maybe her way of trying to put people off so don't write it off yet. I will keep my fingers crossed anyway.

well i tell ya-she wasnt gonna put me off!! I just smiled at her and talked on!

Thanks everyone,

Just got a phonecall from another job i appiied to-ive another interview on Monday to go to!

She may have been like that for every interview?

Just remeber not all of the people that do interviewing are perfect for the task. She may have been dragged in to do it at the last minute and it may be something she hates doing or she may have been having a really bad day?

If you went in first and she was like that i should imagine that she was like that before and after the interviews.... she's probably a miserable moo all of the time lol :D

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :D

Lmao that made me laugh! I also read your post before i went to the interview about not picking your nose on speed bumps! That made me laugh and calmed me a bit lmao

I wouldn't worry about it too much, like Dave said the amount of people that get dragged in last minute or have never done it before or even people that have no idea why they have even been asked to help with interviews (been there) are pretty high. A lot of the time there will be someone high up manager etc and they will just get somebody to sit in with them ..... good luck

Definitely sounds like the interviewer needs to learn how to interview correctly. I wouldn't give up hope yet though, you may be surprised.

One thing that you should do though is ask for feedback about the interview if you are not successful. When we do interviews we have to write a comments section about the candidate whether we offer them the job or deny them. Any good company/HR department will happily give you the feedback. If nothing else you can learn from the experience for next time.

Companies are legally obliged to give a good reasons for rejecting people at all stages, even when just weeding through CVs there has to be a reason given. It has to do with equal opportunities and anyone who goes for a job, if they feel that they were unfairly rejected, can question the decision.

Will keep my fingers crossed that it was more successful than you think.

LOL @Sarah-well ya never know lol

well ive just received a phonecall and an email within the space of 10 mins from two different companies offering me interviews so I must be doing something right :blink: And their job vacancies have a much bigger salary so i never know but one can only hope.

@ rach Neither of these two women were taking notes :huh: so not sure how they're gonna weed out the interviewees in the end?! maybe ill be memorable talking about my husky?? :lol:

LOL @Sarah-well ya never know lol

well ive just received a phonecall and an email within the space of 10 mins from two different companies offering me interviews so I must be doing something right :blink: And their job vacancies have a much bigger salary so i never know but one can only hope.

@ rach Neither of these two women were taking notes :huh: so not sure how they're gonna weed out the interviewees in the end?! maybe ill be memorable talking about my husky?? :lol:

That is very strange. Most companies these days have a set interview form that they use for all interviews for a particular position. This is to ensure equality for all candidates. We have to ask the question then write down the candidates response. This company would find themselves in a bit of bother if someone took them to a tribunal. Unless of course things are different in Northern Ireland.

Hope the other interviews go better. It can be a bit unnerving when you have a crap interviewer.

That is very strange. Most companies these days have a set interview form that they use for all interviews for a particular position. This is to ensure equality for all candidates. We have to ask the question then write down the candidates response. This company would find themselves in a bit of bother if someone took them to a tribunal. Unless of course things are different in Northern Ireland.

Hope the other interviews go better. It can be a bit unnerving when you have a crap interviewer.

Well they did have a form in front of them-lookd like a marking form but they werent writing anything unless they are writing afterwards?? No thing arent different here-this company is a local company and i think they are just laid back?

They had a form in front of them but didn't write anything down.

That sounds dodgy to me.

When they've finished interviewing if they don't write anything down about the applicant how are they supposed to remember the good

and bad points about each person.

I was a Manager in a previous job and have been trained to interview, it was stressed that you cannot take too many notes about each interviewee

good or bad.

This says to me they already had someone lined up for the job, but due to legal reasons they had to advertise and interview.

However they have no intention of employing anyone from outside.

This would also explain the massive lack of interest from the other people on the panel.

They had a form in front of them but didn't write anything down.

That sounds dodgy to me.

When they've finished interviewing if they don't write anything down about the applicant how are they supposed to remember the good

and bad points about each person.

I was a Manager in a previous job and have been trained to interview, it was stressed that you cannot take too many notes about each interviewee

good or bad.

This says to me they already had someone lined up for the job, but due to legal reasons they had to advertise and interview.

However they have no intention of employing anyone from outside.

This would also explain the massive lack of interest from the other people on the panel.

Yea that sounds about my luck to be honest <_< Oh well I need the interviewing experience.

As some of you know I had an interview this morning, I was all set-knew my stuff and thought i was confident . . . . .

I got in and sat down-charmed them with my smile, they asked me questions relating to my work experience etc Think i answered them ok.

However there was two women interviewing and one of them sat looking utterly bored even before I sat down! (i was the first one that day so it wasn't as if she was fed up interviewing) She sat with her face in her hand-didnt take any notes. I don't really know what to take from this experience but as soon as I got home I wrote down some of the questions so know what to expect the next time.

Oh well-back to the drawing board :( More time to spend raising my baby (Storm that is!) :)

Wondering what kind of work you are looking for. I'm in the same positon and went to one interview where the executive director never looked at me, just read her questions off the page.

Wondering what kind of work you are looking for. I'm in the same positon and went to one interview where the executive director never looked at me, just read her questions off the page.

I was in for a Lab technician job at a Dairy producer. the more i think about it the more I think Andy is right- they must have had someone lined up already for the job and was just going through the motions :(

It really gets on your nerves doesn't it when they take no interest- their loss! we could have been assets to their companies!!

urgh they dont sound like people i would want to work for - if you dont get the job i would think about complaining if it was me ;)

good luck with this and all ur other interviews - really hope you get something

Thanks Much appreciated!

Yea you're right why would I want to work for a company that takes no interest at all . . . .Everything Happens for a Reason :)