What was your first job?

RoseWillow&Dexter

I saw a thread the other day about your first car so i thought id make one asking what was your first job?

You probably don't have these in the UK, but in South Australia there are alot of lazy people and i worked in a drive through convenience/cigarette/coffee store. Yes people drive in and i had to get whatever they wanted!! Because it was a drive through it was open so it was very cold in winter and very hot in summer. I had some good times with the fun people i worked with though!

So what was your first job....it couldnt be worse then that? LOL

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Unsure what job you mean, if its the first time you were paid by someone (not ones given by parents for pocket money) or first time after school, so I will give both.

First paid job was for a month during summer holidays as a supermarket deli counter server guy, far out I hated that, standing 8h still behind the counter, never again! I have some issue with my legs, if I'm standing still they start to hurt. I would rather go for a 1h hike then 20min standing on the spot.

First real paid job after school was one I started during the summer holidays at school and continued through last school semester till a few months after. I was a document translator in Europe for a mobile GSM tower building company. Very nice pay for my age and easy work.

i was a paper girl LMAO for about a week - had to get up at like 6am so jacked it in - wierd cuz now i wake up at 5:30 everymorning for work - but whilst i was still in school getting up at 6am was horrible

my first PROPER job was in retail - just a crappy shop that sold toiletries

mine was working in a factory, making seats for settee's and chairs, but this was only a make weight, as i new i was only doing it for 10 weeks until, i joined the RAF as a Communications Operator.

So i count the RAF as my first real job, i did this for 5 years, 161/2, away from home, probably the best time of my life, and probably the worst time of my life, but that is another story

Jennifer xx

My first job back in 1979

was as a cinema Projectionist.

Absoluteley FANTASTIC job. :D

From about the age of 11 - babysitting for my mom's friends.

First actual job, part time while in school, was KFC. I worked in the back and cooked all the side dishes, which is the States was a lot.

First job after school was a seamstress in a factory making bags for lawn mowers and yard vacs.

And we also had a drive through party store (as they are called in Michigan). You could get beer, cigs and snacks.

Mine before i left school was a Milk Round up at 5am... then when i left school i took the round , then went to Milk Marketing Board (Dairy Crest).. and ive done loads since from running a Hotel in Blackpool to Bar Manager in a Pub...Manager of a Laundrette, Kebab Shop, wholesale Newspaper deliveries, Night Trunking with newspapers...(TNT newsfast) oh and the list goes on lol.....