YOUR HUSKIES FAVOURITE FOOD - ???

just wondering what your huskies like to eat? all huskies seem to like different things and i think i am one of the only husky owners i have spoken to so far who's husky wont eat raw or expensive dog food, only cheap junk...

if anyone else has this problem how do you supliment your doggies diet?

EG;

LOLA eats either butchers superior, or winalot casseroles, mixed with iams large dog,

as a treat - pedigree chum dentastix, hide minty cigar chews, james wellbeloved hypo-allergenic treats,

lola also LOVES fish... i mix it into her main meal once or twice a week,

i try to vary the type a fish, she LOVES sardines, mackrel, pilchards, crab meat, anchovies, tuna, tinned salmon,

i also use fish to fill her kong as its pretty much the only thing that she loves enough to play with her kong for

(talk about cats in a past life)

funny really, my dogs all love Nori (japanese dried seaweed wrap) I use it to make little rice balls and dropped some one day and the dogs went crazy for it!

They also all love ham and chicken.

Main food is warringtons for Oisin, royal canin mini for my chihuahua and Purina Beta lamb and rice for my puppy! they all get fed seperately due to the fact that they'll try and eat each others food and it really isnt nice cleaning up after dogs with upset tummies! dry.gif

Storm has Wainwrights puppy dry. He won't eat much of it unless I put something with it:- Ham, mini sausages, hot dogs, tuna, salmon, sardines, mackerel, fresh fish dry fried, gravy, carrots, frozen veg (defrosted in a cup of hot water), if we have chicken, mince, pasta or rice I put a bit aside for him to mix with his kibble.

Lola isn't abnormal as Storm loves fish too!!!

Treats he loves:- Most of morrisons own treats. Sausages, dried tripe, beef slivers. Dried sausages and black pudding from our local pet shop. The vacum packed uncooked ham bones I can get from the same pet shop (those last for two days, I take it off him after a while, clingfilm it and put it in the fridge),

Sausages are his utmost fave treat as he escaped from the garden the other week and I got him back with a packet of mini sausages!!! :D

Don't know what Naiyah likes as I haven't got her yet. ;)

some of ours have had fussy times but i have OCD when it comes to their diet and will not allow them to eat junk :)

they are currently on taste of the wild with sardines mixed in morning, and then salmon oil with their kibbkle in the evenings.

I think even a fussy dog will eat when its hungry, I think the little sausages just try it on sometimes :D

My advice is buy the best you can afford and keep feeding it to them and goodluck :)

Mine are fed on natures menu frozen nuggets and love um.. hardly ever have a turned up nose at dinnertime so I know if they do they MUST be poorly not just being fussy.

For treats they also looooove their fish, sardines in oil are a fav but anything fishy really... Iv just bought them a big bag of the seajerky from fish4dogs and they luuuurv it. Speaking of is that a kibble you'v tryed her on? Its a good one no crap in it and its very fishy so she might actually like it! You can also get their salmon oil that makes a good supliment specially for coat and joints etc! :) Why dont you go on their website and email them that you have a picky dog they might send you a free bag of samples to try? Always worth a go! ;)

TOTW for Zoya. She also loves raw carrots, green beans, blueberries, watermelon, bananas, and strawberries.

@ therockabillydolly - Our Noushka will only eat cheap Lidl dog food, as the expensive food gives her the runs, it costs us €9.99 for a 10kg bag which lasts her about a month at least..

Akyra on the other hand prefers Skinners Sensitive dry dog food, mixed with a variaty of different tinned foods, which they get to eat about an hour after walks, because if we put their food down right after, they leave it & it can sit there for hours....

They both love Pedigree Markies & Gravy Bones, we also give them dental sticks, hooves, pigs ears, minty rice bones & choc drops as treats when they're good girls :P

Kodi will only eat Orijen kibble does not like TOTW

Loves: Sardines in olive oil, salmon, mackerel, fish oil, raw carrot, raw steak, bacon, gammon, boiled chicken and rice, tomatoes, red peppers, cheese, dentastix, gravy bones, yoghurt.

Hates: TOTW kibble, Tuna, cooked pork, green peppers, potatoes

Kodi will only eat Orijen kibble does not like TOTW

Loves: Sardines in olive oil, salmon, mackerel, fish oil, raw carrot, raw steak, bacon, gammon, boiled chicken and rice, tomatoes, red peppers, cheese, dentastix, gravy bones, yoghurt and Winalot wet food for some reason!

Hates: TOTW kibble, Tuna, cooked pork, green peppers, potatoes

Our little Czar would eat most anything we would give him. He actually prefers cheap dog food, but we give him Purina One with chicken, which is better in the ingredients dept than Eukenuba we were feeding him! Favorite food? Whatever's in his mouth at the momentbiggrin.gif

Niko and Geisha love the Sri Lankan veggie curry (the spicier the better!) I mix a small amount into their dry food.

I would also say that they love chocolate, but I don't want to give anyone the wrong idea. The portion they get is a microscopic "idea" of a taste than a real amount. They do seem to love it, though (as does daddy!)

Richard.

post-2418-13585963427675_thumb.jpg

post-2418-13585963432903_thumb.jpg

Athena will eat anything. We've never given her scraps or fed her from the table but she still begs like a starved thing.

Right now, she's eating Blue Buffalo with a little pumpkin every now and again. The pumpkin helps her eat slower and keeps her "regular." We're going to get her back on TOTW though.

For treats, we give her Old Mother Hubbard's Assorted Bits. There are a bunch of flavors and they're a little bigger than kibble sized so they're great for training. We also get these baked egg and yogurt treats for her that she absolutely loves and admittedly, I was curious to try them and they taste like a yummy biscuit. She wasn't sure about peanut butter at first but now she loves it and we stuff her Kong when we crate her.

But really, I'm convinced she'd eat anything and everything if we gave her the chance. I'm hoping it's a puppy thing. But not likely.

Main food is Quest, they love it, finally found a food Kira will eat every meal lol

Treats are whatever really, rawhide cigars, filled hoofs/bones, fish, chicken, ham, cheese. Anything really they're not fussy lol

logan has james wellbeloved with a mix of raw.

if he been out running i tend to give him raw chicken sometimes if im feeling generous raw beef or lamb he generally eats anything but cheap wet food normally gives him a poor belly.

treat wise he always ALWAYS!! wants a bit of cake we eat he has a huge sweet tooth and he goes crazy for some so normally give him a tiny portion so it doesnt harm him but no chocolate as he dont like it :S dog treats he has rawhides every so often but i keep treats to a minimum if he eats well in morning and evening he dont need too much.

Ali introduced me to taste of the wild which i have on order so will be trying that next

Aaron