Pointless Vandalism.

Andy

So. . .

At 12.40am a bunch of kids, probably about 15 came yomping up our street ripping off and

smashing wing mirrors off cars. ohmy.gif

I lost both of mine, and 3 other residents had similar damage.

they went around the corner into the next street and took out another 5 cars up there before heading across a local park.

They probably continued on the other side of the park too.

police arrived this morning, some 10 hours after the incident. :laola:

Cheapest replacement on ebay £63

Scrap yards about £40.

Insurance excess is £150 so cheaper to do it myself.

FFS !!!!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know it's things like this that make me remember when I was a teenager....I did dumb stuff, but NEVER vandalism. We had an incident during the summer where I was outside and some teenagers thought it would be funny to steal our landscaping stones...I threatened to call the police and pretended to take a picture of them with my cell phone and they stopped...we haven't had an issue with it since then...but I couldn't help but think, seriously what are you going to do at the ripe old age of sixteen with half a dozen landscaping stones at 11:30 at night? Sorry bout the lil hoodlums in your neighborhood...hope they get caught.

I feel old...I can imagine myself out front sitting in a rocking chair shaking a cane at those 'young whipper snappers'

Hay Andy that why I got out of Blackbird Leys, dont get anything like that happen around here, get a few kids thinking they are hoodies but you only have to stare at them and they move aside, especialy when I have Thor on the lead , hope you can get some cheap door mirrors as I know that buying them new will cost a fortune

Kids. We live in a rural subdivision. Most of the properties are 2 to 3 acres, so the homes are rather spaced out. I got up one night about 2:00 am during the summer to get a drink of water. Standing at the kitchen sink, I heard a car slowly traveling down the road in front of our house, stop at the neighbors, then BANG! BANG! BANG! They had taken a baseball bat and beat the daylights out of the neighbor's mailbox. They then slowly took off to the next mailbox and repeated their offense. I called the sheriff, and gave them a description of the car and what the boys inside it were doing. I got a call the next day from the sheriff. They caught the perps, and charged them with both vandalism and destruction of property. Response time was less than ten minutes, however. Ten hours? No hope at all of catching the buggers.

I did not have a problem with being bored when I was a teenager, there was lots of things to do that did not damage other peoples property, in the summer holidays we used to walk down to the river ( 3 miles ) and spend the whole day swimming or fishing , or go to the woods and play around there, by the time you came home and had your tea you were too tied to go anywere or do anything, so no matter what we found things to do that did not upset others

Hope you manage to get it sorted without too much trouble Andysad.gif. With 10 hour response time from the police no wonder people do crap like this, little chance of any consequence.

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif. But I never did it again, or anything like it, that's for sure.

That is a common problem in the country. When I lived in Michigan a lot of the people who lived out in the country would line their mailboxes with cement. One time of hitting on of those mailboxes one would sharp learn that it is not wise to do things like that.

i would never even think about doing that to someones car, or anything.

it can be boredom, but i really think its the way they are raised by their parents, yes parents cant be there all the time to stop them and they know what is right and what is wrong, but if parents let their kids get away with everything, then they will think they can do anything, and get away with it.

the police are useless, so i wouldnt bank on they catching them, and i hope you get it all sorted mate.

So. . .

At 12.40am a bunch of kids, probably about 15 came yomping up our street ripping off and

smashing wing mirrors off cars. ohmy.gif

I lost both of mine, and 3 other residents had similar damage.

they went around the corner into the next street and took out another 5 cars up there before heading across a local park.

They probably continued on the other side of the park too.

police arrived this morning, some 10 hours after the incident. :laola:

Cheapest replacement on ebay £63

Scrap yards about £40.

Insurance excess is £150 so cheaper to do it myself.

FFS !!!!

andy do you want me to see if i can find any cheaper at our scrap yards up here?? then i could send them up to you......might work out cheaper........ what car do you have?? xxx

Kids. We live in a rural subdivision. Most of the properties are 2 to 3 acres, so the homes are rather spaced out. I got up one night about 2:00 am during the summer to get a drink of water. Standing at the kitchen sink, I heard a car slowly traveling down the road in front of our house, stop at the neighbors, then BANG! BANG! BANG! They had taken a baseball bat and beat the daylights out of the neighbor's mailbox. They then slowly took off to the next mailbox and repeated their offense. I called the sheriff, and gave them a description of the car and what the boys inside it were doing. I got a call the next day from the sheriff. They caught the perps, and charged them with both vandalism and destruction of property. Response time was less than ten minutes, however. Ten hours? No hope at all of catching the buggers.

I love it when they get busted-its what they deserve!

Oh that's crap!!!

Hope you can get it sorted hun x

I did not have a problem with being bored when I was a teenager, there was lots of things to do that did not damage other peoples property, in the summer holidays we used to walk down to the river ( 3 miles ) and spend the whole day swimming or fishing , or go to the woods and play around there, by the time you came home and had your tea you were too tied to go anywere or do anything, so no matter what we found things to do that did not upset others

laugh.giflaugh.gif that's only because they didn't have TV's in your day tongue.giftongue.gif

What a shame. Hope you get some mirrors sorted. I saw a kid (teen) just run straight over a car probably denting the bonnet. I don't know if it's boredom or trying to be the "big I am" in front of their mates or just plain lack of respect for anyone but themselves.

it can be boredom, but i really think its the way they are raised by their parents, yes parents cant be there all the time to stop them and they know what is right and what is wrong, but if parents let their kids get away with everything, then they will think they can do anything, and get away with it.

That's exactly what i was thinking! Makes me so mad. I did some stupid crap when I was young but nothing like vandalizing cars or property. I feared the wrath of my parents!:o Somehow they always found out what I did. <_< Seems like more and more kids/teenagers don't respect anything or anybody. They also feel entitled to whatever they want and when they can't get it, they pitch a fit.:angry:

sorry for the delay guys been out catching up on stuff.

hope im allowed to say this' date=' but bring back the BIRCH !! we have all done silly things as youngsters but nowadays the youngsters are getting worse, probly due to boredom but more over an allround lack of respect of the law other people and their property.[/quote']

Yes absolutely AND.. . .

National service. 3 years in the forces might teach them some respect and discipline and come out with a sense of pride.

Thanx Diz you're a star.

It's a Citroen Xsara 2002 estate.

looks like this

citroen-xsara-estate-2-0-hdi-lx-5dr-1584342911-640x480.jpg