He may be a Grumpy Git, but ....

Val (Zebedee)

Steve has bought me an impromptu pressie! Now I did ask what he had done, but he laughed & said "Nothing" :unsure:

I read lots of books lately & I think he is getting fed up of the rooms starting to resemble libraries! So he has bought me a Kindle 3G! It came today while we were out in Nottingham, so was waiting for me when I got home, knew nothing about it (as he is very good at keeping secrets).

It is now on charge then I can go virtual shopping for books & magazines & have up to 3,500 without a complaint!!

Thank you so much, Steve, it is a fantastic pressie :wub: (but I still wonder what you've done!!) :lol:

awwwww wow he does have a heart! lol

awww so nice!

What's going on - first Linda's hubby buys her that gold necklace - now Steve buys you this - WISH MY BLOODY HUSBAND WOULD BUY ME SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry.gif

awwwww wow he does have a heart! lol

awww so nice!

What's going on - first Linda's hubby buys her that gold necklace - now Steve buys you this - WISH MY BLOODY HUSBAND WOULD BUY ME SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry.gif

Either I gotta do something seriously wrong, or you gotta do somethin to deserve it first :D

My mate just bought his wife a Kindle for her birthday and she loves it as it auto syncs with her Iphone / Ipad so regardless of the device she's used for reading the latest book the page number is remembered. Seems like an excellent bit of Kit

Oh Val, you are gonna love the Kindle. I got one for Christmas from my employer. I got Sally one last month. We have the wireless models, not the 3G models. The 3G models can download books from virtually anywhere there is mobile reception. Ours, you have to be in a Wi-Fi area, which we have at home.

So far, I've downloaded a lot of free books. If you go online, here's a couple of Web sites you can search and download to a PC, then transfer to your Kindle with the USB cable.

Free books:

http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page

http://www.manybooks.net/

If you download files with a .mobi extension, those will work fine on a Kindle.

I've not been a fan of reading, but since I've had the Kindle, I'm reading all the time. Mostly US History, military and Native American subjects.

I'd love an E-Book reader. biggrin.gif

So Jealous..

I have to make do with reading on my Nokia N97.

While I still love the heft of a REAL book, The e-book is certainly more

convenient. I can carry thousands of books with me on my phone.

I could get washed up on a desert island and never run out of something to read.

(assuming the desert island had a conveniently placed power point for me to charge my phone) smile.gif