stupid *¤!@ing hotel

KSNS

so finally got new job as cocktail bar supervisor week in all is good monday they contact hotel where used to work stupid hours almost every f- ing night night suddenly i'm not needed at work i'm beyond angry an rent due soon so screwed there again pissed off no end. Rant over

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

don't have the job anymore because of bloody previous employer an rent almost due. Any admin about can you move this to steam room please. cheers

Awww, geez, my sympathy. I've been living from paycheck to meager paycheck myself, working as a substitute teacher. Really stinks! I hope you find something new very quickly!

i was at a job for 5 years. model employee, i was. then my supervisor started hiring r tards. it was ok for them to slack off but they expected more from me. i wasn't feeling well one day but i was going to go to work anyways. my boyfriend called in for me and the manager who answered said that it was ok so i stayed home. turns out that manager wasn't the manager on duty and since i failed to personally notify the MOD, it was a no call no show. i met with the store director later and he said that they took a no call no show as a voluntary resignation. my supervisor did nothing to help me out. having "quit" my job, i did not qualify for unemployment and had nothing saved up for the month to come up. retail.

no matter how awesome you are, someone will always throw you under the bus to save their own skin.

hang in there, keath! good luck!

I would seek legal advice as I don't believe a former employer cannot give you a bad reference. I would suggest you ask your potential new employer why they changed their mind or at least what your former employer told them

Good luck Keath

Aww bud this really sucks. angry.gif

The Hotel may not have given a bad reference but if they refuse to give a reference

your new employer can imply whatever they like from the refusal.

Most large companies aren't allowed to give or refuse references on the local level it has to come

from the H.R. department, and they can only work from your written records at Head office.

Good luck finding something else.

A good company to work for eh Louise... Well either way I will still look after storm for you though may need to look after him at yours not sure how ok with that you are but I reckon I will be sorted by then so should be no need to worrie at all no matter what I end up doing work wise I will make sure I am free to look after storm for you :)

Not got a problem with that mate at all. I trust you to look after my baby so why wouldnt I trust you to look after my house?? :rolleyes:

After all material things are just that, my kids, Storm and Alex are my life,. :D

And thanks. xx

The referee can comment on timekeeping; honesty ; ability ;relationship with colleagues; relationships with service users;level of written ability; an effective communicator etc I do this quite regularly.The reference has to be honest and factual and robust enough to stand up to scrutiny/challenge Mich

Edited to say -no offence to anyone intended -just saying what a previous employer can do

Although people cannot give a bad reference they can refuse to give one and tell a prospective employer that they refuse to give one. All they would have to do is recieve a letter from your current employer and ring them to say

"Hi Mr Smith. Just thought I would give you a call to save you waiting for my reply. My apologies but on this occasion I am unable to provide a reference for Keith."

Legally is it a bad reference? Nope, its a responce to a request.

In reality is it a bad reference? Your damn right it is.

Harsh reality unfortunatly. Hope you manage to get something sorted m8.

I spoke to the head of our HR department today (while waiting for her to get out so I could lock up). The legal status is as people have said they can refuse to give a reference but if they give one it must be factual. Most places stick strictly to so and so was employed by us from this date to this date.

She has suggested that you go to the employer that just sacked you and ask for the reason. If they say poor reference then ask them to see the reference. They will probably say they can not disclose it, in which case go back to your old employer and ask for a copy of the reference they provided. If they say they can not disclose it then threaten to sue them, if you sue them they will have to disclose it anyway.

When you get a copy of the reference if there is anything in it that is not factual then you can take them to a tribunal.

Good luck with getting it sorted and good luck with finding something else.