The most heartwarming thing your dog has done for you :)

aronoiiel

The most heartwarming thing I've experienced was the day I had to let Bo pass.

As confused as he was after having his stroke, when the vet arrived Bo put his head on my lap and looked up - straight into my eyes. We didn't break eye contact for a long time and I know he was asking me if I'd be ok without him. He wasn't going to leave me until he knew for certain.

Once I figured out what he was asking, and told him that I would be, he relaxed and allowed the shot to be given. At that exact moment a tear fell from my eye straight into his. He couldn't cry tears, but he let me know in that single instant when my tear rolled from his eye that his heart was breaking also.

I still makes me bawl like a baby when I think about how generous he was. He was willing to stay with me, despite his fear and confusion - if I wasn't able to allow him to go.

D*mn! What a dog!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most heartwarming thing I've experienced was the day I had to let Bo pass.

As confused as he was after having his stroke, when the vet arrived Bo put his head on my lap and looked up - straight into my eyes. We didn't break eye contact for a long time and I know he was asking me if I'd be ok without him. He wasn't going to leave me until he knew for certain.

Once I figured out what he was asking, and told him that I would be, he relaxed and allowed the shot to be given. At that exact moment a tear fell from my eye straight into his. He couldn't cry tears, but he let me know in that single instant when my tear rolled from his eye that his heart was breaking also.

I still makes me bawl like a baby when I think about how generous he was. He was willing to stay with me, despite his fear and confusion - if I wasn't able to allow him to go.

D*mn! What a dog!

ah becky! uve got me in tears now!

It's hard to say what the most heartwarming moment was, but the bond I had with our dog that passed away a little while ago is something that I can't put in words.

Cheyenne (a husky mix) was an amazing rescue that had been stray for a long time and didn't have a great start in life she must have had some pretty rough times, but the amazing part is that as much as I picked her she picked me from the day I took her home we instantly became insperable and the level of trust she showed me was nothing short of remarkable considering her past. Almost anyone who spent much longer then a few minutes around the two of saw that we where meant to find each other in the world.

Letting her go is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do, but in all of the sadness I can see that she left me a better person with a much deeper understanding of the bond that can be experienced with a dog. So even though they leave the world much sooner then we want them too it makes you realise what a tremendous gift it is to have them in your life.

It was the time that I was coming down the stairs when all three decided that they would aswell and knocked me flying, smashing my ribs on the shoe cuboard on the way down, I lay there not moving, the dogs thought I was going to play and they set about me, jumping all over me untill in pain I let out a yelp, and they backed off, then Thor came to me and put his paw on me, then layed next to me untill I managed to get up, once I had gotten onto my knees he sat in front of me, and eventhough it bloody hurt I gave him a hug,

ah becky! uve got me in tears now!

You're not the only one, Nix! Awwww!!!

It was the time that I was coming down the stairs when all three decided that they would aswell and knocked me flying, smashing my ribs on the shoe cuboard on the way down, I lay there not moving, the dogs thought I was going to play and they set about me, jumping all over me untill in pain I let out a yelp, and they backed off, then Thor came to me and put his paw on me, then layed next to me untill I managed to get up, once I had gotten onto my knees he sat in front of me, and eventhough it bloody hurt I gave him a hug,

Sorry, Dave, while I do feel for you (only it's the cats that usually try to trip me as I'm coming down the stairs!), you made me laugh!

[ATTACH]8505.IPB[/ATTACH]Zultan and I were at our favourite beach, he was maybe 8mths and had taken my boogey board with me for the first time. We were both in the water, no waves, I'm on my board when Zultan swam out to where I was, put the leg rope in his mouth and bought me back to the shore............it was an amazing experience.

My Heart Dog xxx

post-1955-13585963625096_thumb.jpg

Thanks Gigi, at the time it f&&&ing hurt like hell for the first three weeks, but thinking back Thor went to the left and Odin went to the right, it was the litte bugger Loki that went down the middle that sent me flying :lol:

I'm only laughing because I can relate so well - if they eventually manage to trip me down my stairs, I'm liable to break my neck - super steep, with narrow treads! They keep trying, though! laugh.gif

Jackson brought me a mouse he and his brother found in the yard, and he tossed on the rug in the living room~

Isn't that special! blink.gif Well, at least you know he loves you! biggrin.gif

On new years day I felt an asthma attack coming on so got out of bed so as not to wake my husband - I thought I could deal with it on my own. After about an hour it was getting worse and the huskies sat in front of me and never for a minute took their eyes off me. Micah, who only talks when she wants something, started spinning round and round - wooing and yipping very loudly and woke my husband up. Anyway, I ended up in hospital for three days and when I got home the huskies cried.