I'm not religious at all but...... thank god

Some of you on my FB will know my Dad was in a car crash yesterday. Well he is ok, a bit shaken up and bruised and has broken his sternum (chest bone). But if you look at these pictures I think you will agree he is bloomin lucky to be alive and I thank god he is.

199872_1730250774538_1186552174_31673012_3729825_n.jpg197028_1730250454530_1186552174_31673011_4008770_n.jpg

the orange car is his freelander aka Rusty. We all strongly believe had it not been for Rusty he would not be alive now. My Mum and I went to the accident site and managed to retrieve a small square piece of Rusty and the broken glass from his wing mirror. My Dad wants to frame it as a reminder of how quickly things can happen and how fragile life really is.

A 17 year old girl came out of a side turning and crossed the dual carriageway without looking first and without judging how far away my dad was and accounting for his speed as well. He didn't even have the time to brake. :o He hit her straight in her side and flipped the freelander. He had to unbuckle his seatbelt whilst he was upside down and a bystander opened the door and helped him out.

The girl (stupid moo) had to be cut out of her car, a 2007 plate Fiesta. How does a 17 year old afford one of those??? But lucky for her she escaped with a few bruises and cuts. However, she will come off a lot worse if I ever meet her. :angry: Sorry for the lack of sympathy but she did nearly kill my Dad. :mellow:

Holy moley, I hope after that she's learned her lesson! I believe in situations like this people should be made to go back and redo their driving test - I'm sure they teach you enough to avoid things like this!! She's seriously endangered someone's life :blink: And I'm surprised she got out virtually unharmed too! Especially looking at the state of the wreck. Lucky all round it seems. Glad your dad is ok! xxx

I know right? it is still a shock and everytime I look at them I just can't understand how he did make it out alive. My 11 year old sister broke down when she saw the pics. Don't think it sunk in till then.

I got the train down to MK today (only 20 mins away) just to see him, cuddle him (gently), and kiss him and let him know just how much I love him.

He is actually my step dad but I call him Dad as I don't see or hear much of my real dad and Bob has brought me up since I was 15. He's the one who has always been there for me, for advice and a shoulder to cry on. xx

He is actually my step dad but I call him Dad as I don't see or hear much of my real dad and Bob has brought me up since I was 15. He's the one who has always been there for me' date=' for advice and a shoulder to cry on. xx[/quote']

That's more than enough to make him your dad ;) My mum's 'dad' is her stepdad, she's never had anything to do with her real dad, he left while my nan was pregnant with her, and as far as the whole family is concerned he's all we want. He's my mum's dad, he's my granddad, we'd be unimagineably more upset if something happened to him vs something happening to the man that left all those years ago.

Hope he feels better soon :) xxx

My goodness, thank God he's OK.

I know exactly how you feel as my Dad was involved in a serious accident on Monday involving 4 vehicles - one of which flipped and landed on top of (trapping him inside) the van he was driving. I wish I'd thought to ask for him to save a piece of the van as not only was it my first car but I'm sure if he had been in anything less than a Mercedes Vito it wouldn't have been just whiplash, a few lacerations and airbag burns to deal with. The worst part for me is the vehicle that actually caused the accident wasn't *involved* at all - he just pulled out in to the road without looking, making a car that was speeding (90 in a 50 zone) take evasive action and causing an accident which could have so easily have killed my dad. The police just let him drive away..

Geçmiş olsun to you and your family (a Turkish saying that means "may it be over soon/stay in the past")..

Wow - glad that they are both (as Heather said), regardless of fault, ok! Their guardian angels must have been working overtime!

A dad is the one who loves and takes care of you, dries your tears, rejoices in good times, and gives the lectures you deserve. The dad that leaves is just a sperm donor.

Dunc was in a bad accident a few years back and when I saw the car I could have cried!! I think the Jag saved his life, the other car blew up !! but luckily the young lads in it escaped before it did, hope your dad recovers well , get well wishes from here.

Todays cars are ment to crumple to absorb the inpact of the collision, all the strong points of the car including the windscreen are made to withstand impact, your Dad ended up on his roof and the fact that the seat belt held him in is why we wear them, that by looking at the photo he was lucky, I know how he felt when after the shock he then realized he was upside down,,,, been there not nice,, I hope he recovers quickly and gets behind the wheel ASP

this is the picture of the front of the poor old girl at the garage.

189187_10150118390136914_669676913_6580577_1857120_n.jpg

I have never been so proud of a car before but she protected my Dad. And actually didn't come away from it too badly damaged. Reckon they will still write her off though. :(

this is the picture of the front of the poor old girl at the garage.

189187_10150118390136914_669676913_6580577_1857120_n.jpg

I have never been so proud of a car before but she protected my Dad. And actually didn't come away from it too badly damaged. Reckon they will still write her off though. :(