Inside vs outside

armyman0926

Duke has been going inside n outside alot. I understand it's warmer in here then it is outside but with everything I have read on here n in books everything says they like to be inside with their pack. Which with him is me n my dad. Is he just trying to stay cool or does he just not want to b inside with me.

Every morning he is excited to come inside with me n always wants to play or climb into bed with me n sleep till I get up fully to head to work.

He won't be going outside to avoid you, don't worry ;) My guess would be the cooler temperatures too, they do tend to prefer that :) Though I'd only leave him outside at night if he's somewhere secure - you don't want him getting stolen in the night :(

Chances are that he likes going out for all of the smells and sounds, now that spring is getting near, but likes coming back in to be with you and make sure you haven't gone anywhere. Win-win for him would be if you came outside to live with him! biggrin.gif

mmm... not sure.

Athena's an indoor dog and she loves our company. We take her to the backyard for potty breaks and I guess she's gotten the idea that when we go out there it's potty time so as soon as she finishes she wants to go back inside. But we go out to the front yard for play. When we do she seems like she never wants to go back inside but if my boyfriend and I start heading in, she's quick to catch up.

Does Duke sleep outside every night? Or spend his time outside when you're away?

I have read though that huskies in general are more independent and aloof so it wouldn't be a surprise if he just wanted his me time. It's better than him being overly dependent on you. I'm glad that he likes to spend time with you in the morning though! That's a good sign.

Chances are that he likes going out for all of the smells and sounds, now that spring is getting near, but likes coming back in to be with you and make sure you haven't gone anywhere. Win-win for him would be if you came outside to live with him! biggrin.gif

I also like the above idea.

This^^

Jake absolutely loves sitting outside sniffing the wind and listening to whatever's going on. He'll stay out for about an hour alone then want to come in and hang around me for a bit. I've started going out and sitting with him if its nice :D

mine like to sleep on the patio as close to the front door as possible, but i found them curled up together on the same bed in the kitchen when i went to check on them a few hours ago. Usually Oisin prefers outside but Indie wants to be indoors.

Not sure if being inside is too hot or not, i dont have an y heating on so they should be comfortable, im freezing mind you!