Hello From the Desert!

ErikMorningstar

Come on down and visit, just do it in the fall or the spring - summer's predictably HOT (we hit 108f today) and winters are just plain unpredictable!

Now that people have come to accept Misty wandering around and realize that she's absurdly friendly some concerns they had at first are leveling off. One neighbor has chickens and Misty was curious about them, he warned me that if she bothered them he'd have to take action, Misty goes up to his place to get water, watches the chickens and (to our knowledge) has never bothered any. (( I've said that I know she hunts, she's brought rabbits home, but she seems to know that wild fare on the desert and domestic animals are not the same - thank the gods! ))

I can't count the number of times that I've wished I knew what she is thinking; more than any dog I've had around me, it's obvious she thinks!

//al

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Erik

(my son is called Erik too !)

Hope you find all the answers you need.

Glad to have you onboard :)

:welcome: Where are you in Arizona? Probably want to be careful with the summer heat, as I know it gets deathly hot...lived in Phoenix with a lab, and he was not happy in the summer. She could not be eating because of being in heat, because of the summer heat, and because of the adjustment period. Our Red boy, Andy, struggled to eat also, and still does sometimes. We mix dry Iams with some canned, a little water, and it seems to do the trick. Andy has some bad teeth also from chewing out of many a crate/kennel, so softer food is easier for him, also. Check her teeth.:lovebone:

Come on down and visit, just do it in the fall or the spring - summer's predictably HOT (we hit 108f today) and winters are just plain unpredictable!

Now that people have come to accept Misty wandering around and realize that she's absurdly friendly some concerns they had at first are leveling off. One neighbor has chickens and Misty was curious about them, he warned me that if she bothered them he'd have to take action, Misty goes up to his place to get water, watches the chickens and (to our knowledge) has never bothered any. (( I've said that I know she hunts, she's brought rabbits home, but she seems to know that wild fare on the desert and domestic animals are not the same - thank the gods! ))

I can't count the number of times that I've wished I knew what she is thinking; more than any dog I've had around me, it's obvious she thinks!

//al

Yeah I hear you on the heat...got to 108-109 today here as well.:eek: Still 105 now.:( That's why I love huskies...they are definitely smart!