off to emergency vets

Val (Zebedee)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

poor girl :( hope its nothing serious - poor D too must be so worried about his girl

not sure if this helps hun but bingo a few years back crushed 2 discs in the lower part of his spine and couldnt walk - but he started walking again within a week - the vet kept him there for a few nights/days but decided he was better off at home - had to help him around by hooking a towel under his back end to get him outside - but sitting in the garden he would just try n drag himself around on his front legs - i told him to get up and walk properly - in a week he was walking again n the vet didnt belive it was the same dog - they thought he would need that leg removing but he is fine now no other problems with his leg - he limps abit but thats it - still faster than blaze and skyla ;) so if its anything like that - try not to worry - shes a fighter and will be back to normal before you know it xxxx

Awww hope everything will be ok tomorrow. Maybe she just pulled a muscle or something. Got my fingers crossed that its nothing serious. At least you got some meds for her to make her feel more comfy till tomorrow....guess thats the best you can do for now. Good luck tomorrow and I hope you have some good news for all of us :)

thank you, guys, it is a worry, it's more the not knowing what it is than what we do to sort it out, ATM! :rolleyes: But she is still sleeping, not moved since we came home, which is good as she needs complete rest & you all know what trying to keep a husky quiet or still can be like! :lol:

Will let you all know what's happening as soon as I do (& thanks to those nearby for the offers of help if we need it too, you know I appreciate it, xxxx) :)

Hugs from us. Our Nik once screamed like that, and I had to haul him off to the emergency vet, him screaming every time you got near him. Turns out he did the equivalent of stubbing his toe and was just being a dramatic. Hope Myskha's just being vocal and that all is well. Hope to hear she's feeling better soon!

Hugs from us. Our Nik once screamed like that, and I had to haul him off to the emergency vet, him screaming every time you got near him. Turns out he did the equivalent of stubbing his toe and was just being a dramatic. Hope Myskha's just being vocal and that all is well. Hope to hear she's feeling better soon!

LOL Cathy that made me laugh and sounds so familar, my SHadow is SUCH a massive drama queen.. he once had a dog run into him he picked himself up, checked that I was watching and then proceeded to SCREAM his head off limping and looking at me like someone had just taken his leg off!!! :lol: Brilliantly funny these huskies!!

Val, any more info On Mysh? Hoping shes feeling better for a good nights sleep?? :)

Steve stayed downstairs with her most of the night but she never moved. He's just called from the vets, they are keeping her in & doing blood tests on her, they seem to have narrowed it down to her right hip. Siad they should have the results back around lunchtime. The other concern I have is her toileting. She went to loo yesterday at the car boot no problem, but since mid morning yesterday, when she ate some raw mince that I put in front of her, she's done nothing more. No wee or anything. I was prepared to be met with a little river & a poop pile this morning, but nothing, so she's not going the loo either (whether that's because she is in her crate - her bed, I dunno). I just want it to all be over & for her to be tormenting D again!! Will post more when I know it.Thanks for all your posts, it means a lot, xxxxxx

thanks peeps - Mysh is being kept in overnight, she is pretty high on Morphine, by all accounts. The blood test results came back showing a marginal rise in her blood sugars, her cholesterol & her white blood cell count but nothing to be alarmed about or that would cause this problem. The orthopaedic vet is seeing to her & is 99% certain it is not her spine (thank goodness) as she has been walking "normally" a little when they have made her to examine her.

Another thing that worried us was she hadn't been the loo since Sunday morning. The vet told me she went for a pee not long after Steve left her there this morning, so they are much happier about that (don't think she wanted to do it in her bed so hung on to it or it hurt her to crouch down :( )

Tomorrow, the orthopaedic vet is going to look at her ligaments as he is sure she has done either one or both of her cruciate ligaments - if that is the case, camp is a definite no-no as she will need total rest for weeks / months. When she walks, she tucks her bum & tail under her to minimise the pressure & that's what they are going to look into tomorrow.

D is moping around missing having her torment him, really is lost without her, poor lad :(