off to emergency vets

Val (Zebedee)

Sending all our love and hope they sort out x-ray machine tomorrow or at least take her somewhere else to sort it out. I would be miffed too . If you dont get any answers as to what is happening with the x-ray machine tomorrow then I would opt for another vet. BIG BIG HUSKY KISSES X X

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, the machine is still not fixed, Myshka still hasn't had ANY type of investigation apart from a blood test Monday morning & is still in the vets on Morphine for the pain. I cannot BEGIN to express how angry I am, being told yesterday that they would get a second unit in today but they haven't, now another 24 hrs goes by & she is still waiting. Tonight I get told a unit is being brought in tomorrow (heard that before) - do I believe them??

One of the partners called to give me all that info again that I had got from a nurse ... Steve then called & demanded something be done, to which he was told "what do you want me to do? do you want to come & pick her up?" :o Yeah, like we'll come & take her with possible spinal injuries to make it worse??

They know they have us over a barrel regarding her treatment at the minute, we wouldn't DREAM of moving her for fear of hurting her, I just can't believe a big surgery only has access to 1 broken x-ray unit for 3 days .... maybe longer, I dunno when it broke!

having to take Myshka tp the vets, they want £330 just for an ambulance to pick her up! :o she knocked herself or did something jumping in the car this morning, but walked round the car boot pulling as normal, but since we have got home, she yelps when she moves. It's now got tot the point where she screams like she's being beaten when she tries to move. We have got her in her crate & are lifting her into Steve's van to get her there, doors being taken off their hinges & everything so she doesn't have to walk

Hope it's just a knock & she's being melodramatic :(

I hope its nothing too serious, Val

the insurance company are fully aware of the problem & are sending a claim form, but I'm half expecting a small print detail to rear it's ugly head & say they're not paying - 12 days before this happened, I took out a new joint policy with Tesco, Mysh has always been with Petplan, but they conned us over her zinc problem & when the policy came to an end, I shopped round - the bloke I spoke to at Tesco said, if this is an illness, Mysh is not covered (within 14 days of the start of the policy) but if it's an injury she is .... so as we don't know what the hell is causing this, they won't get involved :(

I really don't know what I'll do if the x-ray machine is not fixed tomorrow ... the practice owner panicked when Steve said he was going to take this further, then called me back as I am the more level-headed & less abusive one (when I want to be)

I am going to be on tenterhooks all day till I get the call from them :(

Val jst caught up on what been going on over the past couple of days since i txt you....

its absolutely disgusting the way you are being treated huni :angry: i cant believe after being kept in the supid place for 4 days and nights you are still no nearer to finding out what is wrong with Mysh..........and i cant believe the x ray machine is still not fixed :angry: bet they sort it out quicker if it was one of their pets that needed it :angry: seems abit sussed to me this- do they know mysh is insured?? we've had bad experiences with vets in the past with Billy (cat) as soon as they find out he was insured all sort of mysterious illnesses would appear and they would want to test for this and that the ££££ would defo be flashing in their eyes...im not saying that thats defo the case here but it does seem abit strange that they are happy to jst keep giving her a morphine injection without even knowing what the cause is..bet the injection on its on is almost £50 :angry: :angry:

i would defo write a letter of complaint huni.....it needs reporting... its made me so irritated reading this so god only knows how you and steve must be feeling :angry: :angry:

lets hope today you finally get some answers....will be thinking of you all hun xxxxxxxxxxx

thank you to everyone who has posted up asking after her & sending us good wishes ... she is finally home now, I have started a new thread with pics of my little girl & her "big" brother

I love this forum SO much for the support we have received over the last 5 days, you have been really encouraging & helped me through this awful time. It's lovely to have some good news :D