bathing/washing

mitch1211

That pic of Skyla is too good!!!

I've only had Athena maybe two month and I bathed her once when we first brought her home, she was filthy. I had to bathe her a bit more often than I would like during crate training - she would make a mess in her crate and lay in it. Huskies don't really have that doggy smell about them and she's been able to stay pretty clean minus the messy crate part. Usually, if she gets a bit dirty, I just brush her or use a warm damp cloth, esp on her mud paws. I wouldn't bathe her less I really have to. There are also pet wipes, kinda like baby wipes, that you can get from any big supply store - PetCo, PetSmart, etc. I haven't used them myself but I've heard from a few other people on here about them.

Honestly, if Anya is muddy, I run her through the lawn mister/sprinklers and walk her a block on the cement, and she's magically perfectly clean afterward.

Also, she used to get really muddy paws because she'd stick her paws in the waterbowl at the dogpark and then run around in the otherwise dry dirt. I just sat near the waterbowl and said "NO!" every time she tried to put her paw in the bowl. It scared people at the dogpark, but it sure did work. She's a very strong willed pup and I have trouble training her, but she learned really quickly not to put her paws in the bowl, and she even stopped doing it at home.

It's amazing how they manage to clean themselves, even during the winter snow Kodi always seemed to look clean.

I have only bathed him once in 9 months and clean his paws/underneath with a towel if he needs it and he always looks clean!

Brushing regularly also helps!

I take mine to the groomer about 3-4 times a year. When Zihna gets really muddy I just put her in her crate for a nap and when she wakes up it all usually fell off and I just have to sweep the crate out lol. When she goes out in the rain I usually rub her off with a towel when she comes back in. Sometimes it takes 2 days for her to look normal again. Only thing is her paws are usually a yellowish color instead of the sparkly white they should be. :rolleyes: But she is a filthy girl! lol.