How long for the fur to grow back after neutering?

Stargirl

Sounds the same as my Kody. He has a small patch on his front leg, that's growing back quite quickly. The fur underneath is slowly coming back. It's been nearly 3 weeks, I'm not expecting to be fully covered until summer at best.

The wound was uncovered also.

Edit: It also depends how much fur your talking about, The nurse that shaved him said it was like shearing a sheep, Thats why i expect it to be a while for his to grow back.

Ahh thanks for the response, I feel reassured now, he has a little patch on his leg from the anaesthetic also.

He seems fine today pain wise but it is the huge cone that is driving him absolutely mad.

I am afraid of him picking up any infection if he goes outside...I'm afraid to let him go to the toilet on the grass. How long did you keep your's inside?

shiloh jst stopped in the day of the op once he'd come home.....he went out on walks but they were only quick 10mins around the block......he was still a little woblly the day after the op so he went out twice......he didnt get an infection and went on the grass etc....im sure Kodi will be fine hun...you'll know when he's had enough :)

Yuri's patch on his leg hasn't covered over completely yet you can still see it but it has fur! His parts are almost all grown back but you can still see it was shaved. (3rd march). He didn't have a dressing either, but he did have anti lick strips after the collar came off but he licked them off :rolleyes:

Kody was in and out all day, I picked him up 5 hours after taking him in, we walked to the bus and headed home. He was out in the garden and out walking that night (for short periods) Vets advised me

not to hold back or worry, If hes keen to go then go they said. We did short 10 min walks. I left the cone off in the day if i was around, just saying No! if he went to lick ... This also backfired a bit as he wound

clean himself down there now :/ I just put the cone on when i went to bed.