Sarah's first time

Sarah

ON A SCOOTER!!!!

Met up with Lucy and Lyn from here this morning in Sherwood Forest, Lyn kindly brought alonger scooter for me to try with Kimba and WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

I've been training Kimba for a few weeks now - Hike on, on by, haw, gee etc and he's been great. Hooked him up to the scooter and he didn't know what to do lmao Carl (Lucy's O.H) had to run with him as kimba just stood and looked at me as if to say - ok mum, what do i do now lol lol

After about 500 yards he soon got the hang of it and we were off!!!! Now, having not rode a bike or scooter in at least 12 years i was slightly worried (hence the helmet lol) but sorry guys - i didn't fall off lol

My god did my legs ache after though!! We had an amazing run and am so shocked at how fast Kimba could go - he absolutely loved it!!!!!

Enjoy the pics :) - sorry no video as Kaiser was being a little Sh#t with Marc he's such a mummy's boy lol

I am now totally bitten and must get myself a scooter or a rig! :) If anyone hasn't tried this yet you really ought to it's so amazing!!

post-4-13585942691182_thumb.jpg

post-4-13585942691372_thumb.jpg

post-4-1358594269156_thumb.jpg

post-4-13585942691823_thumb.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wow that looks like so much fun, i wouldn't even know how to go about setting this all up training wise! Besides i really would need a little team to pull my big butt along haha!!

I'm not small and Kimba seemed to pull me with ease!!

It's so easy to train them, just like normal training, when he's pulling in a field i say HIKE ON to him and run with him and do turns etc HAW for left and GEE for right, they soon pick it up :)

that sounds easy enough...in theory lol!! When would you recommend starting the training, so he picks up the directional commands...obviously suka will not be pulling for a while yet lol...I am a lot bigger than you Sarah, you're not big at all haha!! It really looks like a great thing to do, i think suka would enjoy that he loves to run (not that i can keep up for long haha!)

I'm not small and Kimba seemed to pull me with ease!!

It's so easy to train them, just like normal training, when he's pulling in a field i say HIKE ON to him and run with him and do turns etc HAW for left and GEE for right, they soon pick it up :)

thats some good advice i will start to use something simmilar when we start to train for pulling

thanks!

Awe Sarah great pics glad you all enjoyed yourselfs ,Sherwood forest looks amazing !!!:D

Loving your new sig !!:D

Yeah it was fantastic, thanks :) marc has to take credit for the sig though lol

that sounds easy enough...in theory lol!! When would you recommend starting the training, so he picks up the directional commands...obviously suka will not be pulling for a while yet lol...I am a lot bigger than you Sarah, you're not big at all haha!! It really looks like a great thing to do, i think suka would enjoy that he loves to run (not that i can keep up for long haha!)

I'm starting Kaiser now - he's 5 months old I don't work him as much as Kimba now though as he's still young. i wouldn't recommend them pulling until they're between 8 months and 1 and then build up slowly.

Thank you, the camera must have got me at a good angle lol

Woop woop well done Sarah and Kimba! Kimba is a natural guys.....he was a super star.....once he realised what the hell his mum wanted him to do away he went!!!! He'll be a super star soon and a definate one to watch out for next year in the scooter class he's going to kick butt!!!!!!!!!

Excellent morning :)

awww awesome that he had a good time! Mike wants to get a scooter or something for Eika...when you're teaching the left and right, do you have to use haw and gee? or are they just easier to say than left and right? oh and whats stop? is there a thread on here with like a list of 'common' used words for stuff...if not might be an idea to put up?

awww awesome that he had a good time! Mike wants to get a scooter or something for Eika...when you're teaching the left and right, do you have to use haw and gee? or are they just easier to say than left and right? oh and whats stop? is there a thread on here with like a list of 'common' used words for stuff...if not might be an idea to put up?

no doesn't matter what words you use :)

new thread sounds like a good plan - lucy might be the best one to start this lol i'm a beginner

great pics sarah... i love the new sigs , how do you do it.?

Marc made it for me:)

been looking at lyns scooter and apart from obvious design differences.. cant see much difference than these i found on e bay...except maybe 100 less..... hey and just down the road from me lol...... i gotta get one...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BN-Adult-Teen-16-Push-Scooter-Dog-Sledging-in-Black_W0QQitemZ310132144651QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Sporting_Goods_Scooters_LE?hash=item310132144651&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1686%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

just make sure it's not gonna fall to bits in 2 seconds - to be honest rich, you'd be better with a rig, can't have 2 dogs on a scooter well, not unless you want to fall off

from what i can see it looks a sturdy as most scooters ive seen looks like its got bigger wheels than lyns one.. .... and you can run 2 dogs on scooter.. also i would only use scooter for fun....