Skills for the Site

Marc

OK guys n gals. When posting regarding the new application for husky owners, i received a PM from MyMukki informing me that she does graphic design and could be of some assistance to me. This kinda made me realise that we may have people on the forum with skills that they may want to bring forward to help the site along its way to becoming the biggest husky site on the net.

So here's what I'm asking. Please could you reply to this with any skills that you have. Literally anything as you may not know whether it could benefit in the future regardless of what it is, and you would be supprised. For example my cousin managed to get me some signs made the other day, which is something that would have not been posted in this kind of thread, but it was very usefull.

Please simply list as below, then it will be easy to complie a list. Obviously only post things your willing to offer help with if the need should arise. You never know, you may even be handy for other members on the site.

So ... For myself:-

• Website Design

• VB.NET coding, sql server development, bits of C#, java and XHTML with CSS (Dont worry if ya dont have a clue what I just said lol)

• Part qualified Accountant

• Used to run a warehouse with 40+ staff at a time, so knowledgable in this area and staff handling, employment law etc etc

• Quite knowledgable with Tropical fish keeping.

• Dance music production

• Karaoke setups & general DJing

• Any computer related stuff

Ya see.. This is what I would like to see... You may find you can do something for someone, that someone else can help you with something else in return.

my skills .. dunno of what use they might be... to anyone...

apart from the obvious that i have a

Telescopic allterrain fork lift licence..( advanced user )

counter ballance and reach truck... ( advanced user )

i am a validator for the construction industry.

im a first aider.

and have the knowledge but not qualifications to be a site manager..

have been warehouse manager for TDG running warehouse of over 60 staff . so very knowledgable in transportation of perishable and hazardous goods within UK and Europe.. and dealing with immigrants..

have driven lorries and vans many times accross the continent.. so fairly good at foreign transport laws.

helped build what is now Kents largest taxi / luxury coach company.. so very knowledgable in business..

& public liability laws.

have done a complete computer course for Access / Excell / Word / Auriga CAD systems.

also done course in Book Keeping..( not the sort you read either )

have a fairly good knowledge of the inner workings of radio comms. ( 2 way radio's / radio ham / cb etc )

used to repair them as a hobby..

am a qualified Butcher.. ( allthough not done for many years )

not qualified but very knowledgable at motor mechanics. can strip an engine... and rebuild ..

step father was a Magistrate / so have learnt a lot about the UK law ..

have spent a lot of time in pubs so pretty good at the art of how to drink LOL

oh and a damn good chess player... and exceptionally knowledgable on Williams F1

I have done a computing corse which enabled me to efficiently use all of the microsoft office software to an advanced level.

I am a musician i can play the flute, piano, guitar, oboe (well to be fair i can play almost anything), and i read music at an advanced level and also learn by ear...not necessarily a useful skill though lol.

I have a level 3 (equivalent to A level) qualification in Graphic Design (i mainly use photoshop).

I have a high grade in Karate and did a bit of teaching under my sensei's supervision before i had the kids.

I can't think of anything else right now, but if i do i will add to my little (rather useless) list of skills.

once upon a time in the land far gone i was a barman then promoted to restaurant supervisor with a few months lol then went to running a family restaurant for 10 years finally got bored of the catering trade and decided for a change, ive turned my hand to mechanics/welding and spray painting complete cars lol, i enjoy building pcs up from scratch ran my own modified car website for over a year, so not to bad with computers, started a driving instructor course which should be finished in bout 6 months time. I will try my hand at anything i will learn anything always like to be kept active. Im looking into building my own rig from scratch.

admin - do you have a copy of the site logo as im lookin into getting some graphics made up for the car something subtle yet eye catching this was the one i had for my site i had the website along the top of the front and rear windscreens

picture.php?albumid=178&pictureid=1805

wow we should have done this ages ago you learn so much about people!!

Sammie - i'm like you when it comes to music, although clarinet / sax / piano / drums / viola were my main ones :)

Scott, will get the logo sent over to you, well will get marc to do it lol

wow we should have done this ages ago you learn so much about people!!

Sammie - i'm like you when it comes to music, although clarinet / sax / piano / drums / viola were my main ones :)

Scott, will get the logo sent over to you, well will get marc to do it lol

sarah i think we have a lot in common haha! Wow it's brilliant that! I pushed my cousins nose right outa joint when i went to hers and she said to me 'well you can't play the clarinet, i have been learning for 2 years, i'm pretty good'...she handed me this clarinet, gimme the book she was learning from and she said try it, so i did and i went through that book with ease and sat there a bit shocked that i had finished the whole thing...and she said 'hmphh well i could do that if i wanted to'...It's just fining the starting point and working the way from there on most instruments, it really isn't hard!

I did always want to play the drums and could bash out a simple pop rhythm but never had a set for myself, or chance to learn :) Maybe one day!

Skills?????

Joiner - reputably

High grade martial arts - Wado Ryu - but it was years ago.

Handy at electrics, plumbing, bricklaying etc etc etc...........

Hate plastering...

Absolute whizz on my 4 year olds Ben 10 Alien Force on the WII - does that count??

Now make doors - you know, front back etc etc etc, well the lads that work for me do!

So, if anybody wants a new remote control front door.............