Just curious

Austinville

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know how we all love our huskies and wouldn't have any other breed.

BUT, how often do you actually encourage another person to get one? I can honestly say that I don't think I ever have.....

I live by the motto: "A good day is when I've talked someone out of getting one." Who do I think I am?

Have you ever encouraged anyone to get a husky? Seriously?

I had to smile at this having just spent a whole weekend at a fundraising event for SHWA . Most of our time was spent discouraging people from getting sibes. Luckily we had several dogs in full moult which we groomed on our stand so that people could see the huge amount of fur jettisoned by our dogs when they blow their coats.

We had the dogs on a stake-out chain so that people could fuss them and this proved another good talking point. Kids would ask - "Why are the dogs chained up?" and we could explain about the love of running, the prey drive etc. and why they could never usually be let off lead.

We also encouraged the dogs to howl as loudly and often as possible (something they know they are not allowed to do at home, so they jump at the chance when we say it's OK).

The problem is, all that negativity is instantly negated when they look into the lying eyes of a Siberian Husky who is silently saying to them "Don't believe it! - I am the perfect pet and your life will not be complete without me!" biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Mick

I had to smile at this having just spent a whole weekend at a fundraising event for SHWA . Most of our time was spent discouraging people from getting sibes. Luckily we had several dogs in full moult which we groomed on our stand so that people could see the huge amount of fur jettisoned by our dogs when they blow their coats.

We had the dogs on a stake-out chain so that people could fuss them and this proved another good talking point. Kids would ask - "Why are the dogs chained up?" and we could explain about the love of running, the prey drive etc. and why they could never usually be let off lead.

We also encouraged the dogs to howl as loudly and often as possible (something they know they are not allowed to do at home, so they jump at the chance when we say it's OK).

The problem is, all that negativity is instantly negated when they look into the lying eyes of a Siberian Husky who is silently saying to them "Don't believe it! - I am the perfect pet and your life will not be complete without me!" biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Mick

Fantastic laugh.gifbiggrin.gif

+1

Right after that the girlfriend started yelling at him about how he told her they couldn't get a golden cause it would shed too much! And now he wants a husky?! lol. Guess he's busted!

Thats funny because my husband used to always complain about Whisper shedding :lol: :lol: but he wanted a Husky and I made sure I showed him plenty videos about Husky's blowing their coats before we got Zihna. He has only been here the 2 weeks in Jan since we had her and she hasn't blown her coat yet. But I do find a bunch a black and white hairs every where. So I can't wait till he gets home for good and when she blows her coat for the first time sometime this year. :lol:

Mick

Ha ha isn't that the truth. Cause every time I look at her I lie to myself saying: It really isn't THAT bad!!!! :lol: Gotta love em!!!

Shedding is the smallest problem with a husky :lol:. After all, you can fix it with a vacuum.

I rather tell people that huskies are disloyal, disobedient, stubborn, mischievous, cunning little monsters. I'd like to see somebody fixing those!

(I forgot treacherous as well - mine would take a plate full of schnitzels over me any day!)