cannot believe this behaviour

rose

Never witnessed this with any of my dogs before but this afternoon mishka nipped my wrist , made it really sore, red, i gave them all their food sepearately as usual & she finished first. she walked past kavik & went to go towards his food dish so he growled @ her . fair enough but i went to push her away the 2nd time gently with my hand & she snapped at my wrist, so i held her scruff & told her off & she was snapping her mouth @ me :o now shes usually laid back & so affectionate, i was so shocked that she did this ,i sent her into the lounge & she lay on the sofa. I went to go past her & she then growled @ me , shes on steroids still so i am telling the vet that we have to get her off them asap as i think its effecting her behaviour. She has also recently had a liver complaint that isnt totally resolved yet either, shocking behaviour in such a lovely, friendly bitch. :(

eek, hope shes feeling better soon :(

On a note for the nipping, if your worried ,I would leave a lead on her during the day, so if you do need to move her you dont have to put your hands near her if you're worried.

shes never ever done that before to us, this is a first, she has been a bit off with my other bitch over last few months, that started when she had the liver problem start up. Just really shocked me.

vet has rang & is looking @ her results closely for the liver complaint she has, he dosent think the steroids may be causing her mood swings but have said i want her weaned off them anyway now. shes now having 2.5mg every other day, so weaning slowly off them.

I wouldn't grab her by the scruff again in that situation, you could have been really injured.

For now, I would put a relatively long lead on her whilst they're eating and if she tries to go for the other dogs food again, give her a correction on the leash.

Try not to get your hands involved. I hope she gets better soon!

Stacey xxx

i will keep the baby gate we use to close off the stairs & kitchen closed off to the dogs whilst they are eating i think. shes ok now, has had a cuddle earlier & i got a kiss too, hoping it was a one off & we dont witness it again.

we are fine, no aggression shown today as yet, feed time was ok, i shut her in the hall to eat & closed the gate to the kitchen where the other 2 ate. The vet called me today again @ work as concerned over her behaviour & her constant hunger as only on 2.5 mg prednisilone every other day now so they think it shouldnt be effecting her this way. she is the 1st to finish & eats really quick, used to be a very slow eater & refused to eat sometimes, not lately though. Her Alkaline phosphatase levels were @ 600, should be around 200 or less apparently, other liver enzyme reading was improved but not as low as it should be so she will have another blood test in a weeks time. If the liver levels are still elevated at all then she will have to go in for the day as they may need to give her an anaesthetic to do x rays etc to check the liver .