Pure or Mix??

Paranormal Wolf

Thank You :D

He seems to grow more handsome each day lol. I think he's going to be very pretty when he fully develops. In the short time we've had him he has opened up a lot, he was very shy when we first got him, still is around new people.

By the way I've seen pics of your Sibe around the forum and he is also very handsome

Haha thanks! I'm wondering if you're maybe a bit lucky with him being slightly shy. If a new person comes over that Aries hasn't met I may as well not exist for 30 minutes. blink.gif

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha thanks! I'm wondering if you're maybe a bit lucky with him being slightly shy. If a new person comes over that Aries hasn't met I may as well not exist for 30 minutes. blink.gif

That sounds like my pit bull Koopa he LOVES people and is an attention monster lol. Doesn't matter if they are new people or not, if it's not me or Tim he gets so excited and just has to get love from our guests haha :P

• 1 month later...

So I noticed this when we first got Kuma but didn't think much of it till recently. Kuma has a dewlap (lose skin that hangs from the neck) and I've read this is not a husky trait. I have read on a few sites that Alaskan Malamutes (usually the males) can have dewlaps. So any thoughts on this? Could the dewlap just be a fault from poor breeding? Could he have some mally in him? I don't see any mally traits in him, he seems to be the right size for a 9 month old Sibe at 21 inches tall and 42-45 pounds, but the dewlap made me wonder Is the information about mallys having dewlaps even correct?

He looks like a purebred sibe to me, although possibly the product of a "not so good" breeder. You say he is CKC registered. As you are in Kentucky, I'm assuming that this refers to the Continental Kennel Club, not the Canadian Kennel Club. The Continental Kennel Club is not a "respectable" organisation like the AKC and I believe they will register a dog as a pedigree if you tell them that is what it is. Dodgy breeders (if they bother at all with registration) tend to use organisations like the CKC and the DLR (in the UK) to con purchasers into thinking they are getting a properly papered dog.

He looks like a purebred sibe to me, although possibly the product of a "not so good" breeder. You say he is CKC registered. As you are in Kentucky, I'm assuming that this refers to the Continental Kennel Club, not the Canadian Kennel Club. The Continental Kennel Club is not a "respectable" organisation like the AKC and I believe they will register a dog as a pedigree if you tell them that is what it is. Dodgy breeders (if they bother at all with registration) tend to use organisations like the CKC and the DLR (in the UK) to con purchasers into thinking they are getting a properly papered dog.

Yeah I know CKC isn't respectable, plus the previous owner never sent us the CKC papers so I don't hold much about his registration lol. I'm thinking that his "breeder" was most likely a BYB and thinking Kuma just isn't from the best lines. The dewlap doesn't bother me, but just though it was odd since he is a Sibe. I'm chalking it up to poor genetics since he also has huge ears lol that he may or may not grow into :P Also perhaps the loose skin is just because he is young and rather lean?

I was going to ask the same question but decided not to be pedantic. Were you ever at Kuma Station??

Nope never been to Kuma station, where is it at lol :P We just like unusual names and enjoy Japanese culture so we wanted to go with Kuma. We are using it more and more and may eventually drop the Bear and leave it at just Kuma. He'll answer to both names so really we just need to break the habit of using Bear :D

dulap :S - do you have a pic?

Its kind of hard to see in pics, especially where his fur is white on his neck. It's not really pronounced but it is noticeable. He does also have lose skin on his body, he is still young so maybe it has to do with age? Here are some pics, a few when he was younger and some recent ones. You can see the excess skin hanging over his collar and around his neck.

Young:

post-8785-13586076298232_thumb.jpg

post-8785-13586076298826_thumb.jpg

Recent:

post-8785-13586076296928_thumb.jpg

post-8785-13586076297396_thumb.jpg

post-8785-13586076297798_thumb.jpg

post-4265-13585974012634_thumb.jpg

post-4265-13585974013109_thumb.jpg

post-4265-13585974037065_thumb.jpg

post-4265-13585974038569_thumb.jpg

post-4265-13585974039002_thumb.jpg

ahhh i see what u mean ,, does he still have it if u take his collar off?

Yeah even with the collar off its still there. It hangs even when the collar isn't there to separate it but its still there lol. I'm not overly worried about it just started wondering about it lol. To me it doesn't seem as noticeable as when he was younger.

Yeah even with the collar off its still there. It hangs even when the collar isn't there to separate it but its still there lol. I'm not overly worried about it just started wondering about it lol. To me it doesn't seem as noticeable as when he was younger.

how odd - ive not seen that before - Bings has 1 lol , and blazes neck is just huge n looks like he has loads of excess skin/fur there lol

how odd - ive not seen that before - Bings has 1 lol , and blazes neck is just huge n looks like he has loads of excess skin/fur there lol

I noticed when we first got him but didn't really think much of it then. Thinking back it does seem like it has shrunk some/he grew into it some lol. In pics it kind of looks like fur but when you touck it its not, just lose skin/maybe some fat. Koopa doesn't have one, he has tight skin pretty much everywhere, I mean he has lose skin you can grab but not overly lose :P

I noticed when we first got him but didn't really think much of it then. Thinking back it does seem like it has shrunk some/he grew into it some lol. In pics it kind of looks like fur but when you touck it its not, just lose skin/maybe some fat. Koopa doesn't have one, he has tight skin pretty much everywhere, I mean he has lose skin you can grab but not overly lose :P

i thought it was just cuz bings was old n getting his middle aged spread LOL

i thought it was just cuz bings was old n getting his middle aged spread LOL

Koopa has a little lose skin around his neck but not really a dewlap :P When he lays down you can see some skin. I think bully breeds tend to have some lose skin around the neck but not a lot. Now mastiffs have dewlaps lol, but they have lots of lose skin :P:D

the neck skin is pretty normal, specially for young pups that are athletic and have a hard time putting weight on

That makes since cause Kuma is just now 9 months and does have a hard time putting on and keeping weight. Since it isn't as pronounced as when we first got him I think as he matures and develops it will go away. If not its not big deal, he'll still be my handsome boy :D

Looks like a shepherd siberian cross to me...did they give you papers? becasue even if it is not fully registered you should get limited registration or copys of the parents pedigree :confused:

He was a re-home and the previous owner said he was CKC registered, which I knew wasn't the best registration. He didn't bring the papers when we picked Kuma up and said he could get them for us if we wanted. I e-mailed him about the papers and he never responded so I question their exsistance.

He was a re-home and the previous owner said he was CKC registered, which I knew wasn't the best registration. He didn't bring the papers when we picked Kuma up and said he could get them for us if we wanted. I e-mailed him about the papers and he never responded so I question their exsistance.

ye :S either way its a good looking dog :D and theres alot of husky in him and u love him so thats all that counts :)