grooming your husky

HuskyCouture

so i've never taken either of mine to a groomer before, but i decided to get them booked in for Wednesday at 830am because they're both blowing coat, all the snow finally melted so they stink of mud and dirt and other stuff and i just don't feel up to giving them baths! :lol: Is there anything I should worry about?? They're going in for a bath, brush and high velocity blow dry. Should I still warn them not to trim them? I told the girl that they're both blowing coat right now, and she said that's good for my wallet because apparently it's cheaper when the fur comes out easier :) I told them that they're both high energy puppies and have only had their nails trimmed at a groomer. Neither of them like being brushed and squeal like mad when they are getting brushed, should I tell them that?

take them to the pets at home groomers, they charged me £30 for lucian, cleaned his ears, eyes, clipped his nails and he looked great afterwards. they took 2 hours so i thought that price was good. i bet they deal with all sorts so i wouldnt worry, your dogs will probably act completely different with you not there anyway. they said Lucian was an angel LOL

definately tell them all your concerns, and any information that will help them do their job better! Your the paying customer so they will listen to you when you tell them not to trim them. I plan on taking Oisin to a groomers in a week or two, just to assist his coat blow and freshen him up as he hasn't had a bath since i have had him (few weeks) and if they touch him with a shaving tool i will personally hunt them down and shave their heads as revenge. Just make sure they know how serious you are about not havig them trimmed! :)

i would tell t hem how you feel. after all they are doing YOU a service so you should get what you want. also cutting huskies fur is a big no no any way.

i am sure they will be used to dogs not being to happy about being groomed, and have ways of dealing with it.