Introducing Male 1yr with 10 month female

Huskieowner27

Hello everybody, I need help!!!! I have a pure white siberian husky 2 years old. Today i let him meet a female 10month old ((She is a very pretty female)) and I would love nothing more to have them both.

((My male Husky is not neutered))The female is also not neutered. When my dog first meet her dog he tried to jump her bones. I pulled him off her as she is to young to breed. And my dog seemed to be abit upset.

When the female rubs her face against my dogs face he growls at her. ((he did not seem to like when the female put her face near his face, Either rubbing her face to his or being near it)) Standing by her he was okay, and seemed like they were slowly getting use to each other. But, Sometimes the female would come near his face to rub her face against his and he growled and sometimes tried to seem like snap at her. ((But he dident really try to snap at her it was more of a growl)) The husky breeder of the female said he thinks they would be okay, as if my male wanted to really hurt her he would've done so already. He thinks he just wanted to get "Some action"

This Female is amazing and I would love to have her with my male husky. Any feedback would be greatly helped. Thank you!

I agree I'd get the girl spayed before having her, I'd also have your male neutered. But that is my personal preferance, if you don't want pups and instant solution would be to have the female spayed. It would also calm your boy down as he wouldn't want to hump her quite as much. Just my 0.2c

News update :)

I went to get my money from the husky owner of the female. He had a dog whisperer there present. To find out why my dog was growling at her when she rubbed her face near his((They have never seen that before))

He agreed with the person above that the female was trying to dominate over him. He asked me to take my dog off his leech and her off her leech and let them run inside the play pen for abit.

They did run around for a small time and when she got in his face again to rub against him. He growled and took her down. ((Not biting her)) but just taking her down to the floor. He then layed on her face with his big body covering her head.((Pinning her down)) for about 4-5 secs until she whimpered. He then let her up and she licked his face. The Dog whsiperer said that was him showing her he is the alpha and he is dominate over her. She then did not rub her face against him for a the remainder of the time spent in the play pen. I left them alone but watched them in the window for 10 mins. And after about 10 mins she could rub against him without angering him.

I have the female and my male.She is near heat within 3 weeks.((i think i'll have to seperate them)) They play together so nice now. I wish I could get a video for you all to see. I am so happy ;)

My male also shows signs of jeliousy. If you pet her he gets jelious and like don't pet my women. I love watching them play in the backyard. Hope any if this information can help any potiental fellow husky lovers.

Get him booked in to get his bits of NOW! If you dont you will SERIOUSLY regret it when she comes into season.. you will spend the whole four weeks with earplugs in coz he wont quit telling you how much he wants her and it wil be VERY unpleasant for all concerned. Its actually quite physically painful for a boy to be intact and there be a female in heat so close so he might even get nasty to you coz you wont let him have her...

Although even if you do get him done now they can still impregnate a female up to 6 weeks after being done so you will still need to keep them apart to be sure but it will be TONS easier for all concerned.

Your only other option if you dont want to fix him is to send one of them to a friend or something while shes in season.

Other than that congrats on the new edition.. after this little hurdle I'm sure it will be plain sailing and I wish you all the best! :)

you really really, really should go get him neutered, or her spayed ASAP! you'll regret it later. they will need to be completely separated for 4 weeks until her heat is over. and he will spend the entire time trying to do anything to get to her! and he will stress himself out so bad :(

trust me mate it is really that bad. We tried to rehome an intact female with an intact male and unbeknown to us she was about 1-2 weeks from her season. 1 night we had her for, and had to give her back as Storm was constantly panting and drooling and trying to get her constantly. To get him to go to sleep we had to leave him to cry and howl in his crate.

Seriously you need to get one of them done. NOW. We are telling you whats best for the dogs here. I was worried about storm and the excessive panting as when panting their heart rate must be elevated and that cant be good for them.

congrats on your new pack member, it will be hard when she's in heat but it's your chose what you do. if your not intending to breed i would get one or both done. members on here really don't mean to shout or tell you what to do when they say NOW, so please don't take it wrong they really just mean it would be better for all.

Congrats on your new addition biggrin.gif Watching my two girls play I love it they so love the company. Dogs will try and dominate as she is only 10mths she will learn quick. Willow does not like dogs in her face so i do avoid her meeting face to face. If she due her heat Then perhaps you could leave her with previous owners for that time. Easier on your boy and for her sounds like she in her flirty stage to me....lol If you not planning on breeding them I would have her spayed before she gets more confidant so Wish I had Willow done after her first heat and not left it till her 3rd.

Good luck and get that camra out we want to see pics.....biggrin.gif

to all parties. I don't take offense ;) I enjoy hearing from long time breeders on tips and tricks. I love huskies and want all the knowledge you all have so feed me more knowledge ;)

On second note: I do in fact need to get a camera to show you all some pics.

I have a questioin however, My father does wanna breed my boy "Bear" at least 1 time. But, I know she is to young to breed and is expecting to be in heat within the next 3 weeks.

Which means, I'll deff have to seperate them. My question however is. If i get my male fixed. Can he be around her in heat? Or if i get her fixed. Can he be around her in heat?

Some dogs will react to a female in heat even if they've been neutered. Each male is different. Some females get very fussy and crabby when they're in heat and won't take to rough play or other dogs getting too close, that's also depends on the bitch. If you have her spayed, she won't have anymore heats. So he most definitely can be around her.

As for the face rubbing... Honestly Cheyenne does that all the time with intact male dogs. She also runs around them, paws them, rubs herself on them, and will roll over for them... I see that as flirting. I don't know about dominance....

Most people on dog forums don't condone breeding just to breed. If you are really set on breeding your male I urge you to really look into this and make sure it truly is the right decision. Huskies are given up all the time for their often "uncontrollable" behaviors and there are so many in shelters and rescues to prove that. I hope that you have had your male health tested and scored as well as have him registered with a credible registry before you even think of breeding... With so many dogs in rescue and looking for homes already... why add an additional litter of 8-10 puppies who may or may not be the healthiest and sound as they can be? Mishka is most definitely the product of "back yard breeding" her temperament is iffy at times and her structure and general overall appearance is off. She is a magnificent dog and I love her to death... but her parents should not have been bred. Because I guarantee you that there was at least one pup in her litter that has been bred. And now that "iffy" temperament and off structure/gait will be passed down to a new set of puppies in which the cycle will continue.

He will not be "missing out" or any other foolish things like that if you have him neutered... and the same for your new female. I would suggest having them both spayed/neutered and enjoying them as pets. There are too many puppies being born everyday because people want their dogs to have "just one litter."