People in Base Housing

bksheppard

Ugh! Saturday morning! It is suppose to be a good day. I've been recovering from getting my wisdom teeth pulled and of course nothing can go right. I get a note from the base housing property management about a complaint. Each FAMILY is only allowed two dogs. Which my husband and I have Koda and Silas. Well, at the moment in our house, we have four dogs. The other two we are dog sitting because our friends went on leave and they don't trust the kennels around here. They two dogs are getting picked up tomorrow and they are just great dogs. I've been home with them everyday because of my recovering and they haven't been a nuisance or anything. I hardly ever even let all four dogs outside at a time because I'm always worried about Koda and Silas rough housing and barking too much. But no, I get a stupid complaint about four dogs. We are leaving in a week and a half and we get a stupid complaint. Before we even decided to dog sit, I re-read the guidelines for the housing facility and it stated that each family is allowed two dogs. Well these four dogs come from two different families. So we aren't doing anything wrong. Ugh! They have only been here for a week. We weren't planning on keeping them. We were just trying to do a favor for a friend and people complain. I've only met a few of my neighbors because no one around here really cares about who lives next to them. It is so frustrating! I just think it is so dumb and stupid that one of them gets butt-hurt over us having two more dogs for a week and they only have two. Well, they should know by now that ever since we've been here, we have had only two dogs. The only time someone wants to pay attention to my family is when they want to complain. I mean really. I'm just so frustrated over this, because we didn't do anything wrong and now my husband gets to have a talk with his supervisor because the housing managers contacted his super and it is all just so stupid!

Arrrrr A-hole neighbours, their not just limited to base housing their are a nasty disease where-ever you live unfortunalty! The best thing to do is just smile and wave and hold your head up high, you have done nothing wrong and nothing in the world annoys the interfering busy bodies like when you seem like you dont have a care in the world! :P

urgh I hate interfering neighbours, we have had that before. We had 2 rotties (my babies :( ) and the neighbours complained that they were constantly barking so they landlord said we had to rehome them. I was totally gutted then the landlord found out it was the stupid dalmation on the end row that was barking and couldnt apologise enough, TOO BLOODY LATE NOW MY BABIES ARE REHOMED :(

My neighbours are pretty good, there is a dog that has agression issues and always barks and we've never said anything because I wouldn't like it if someone complained about ours. I think thats crap, you looked after them for a friend. It's not like your keeping them there perminantly. Maybe they are jelous because they think you have 4 dogs right now.

It is just so frustrating. We have never complained about any of the other dogs around us because we don't want people to complain about ours. Yeah, dogs bark, its common. But these four haven't been barking a lot. Like I said, I've been home and they have been inside with me most of the time because it has been snowing this whole week and I don't like them being all wet. The only time they have barked is when they are chasing each other outside, but it has been during the day. I just wish people would mind their own business. It is so dumb that my husband has to get a "talking to" like we did something wrong. Almost every neighbor I have I could have something to complain about, but I don't. If it isn't a dangerous situation or something that isn't constantly happening then there is no point in complaining.

I'm sorry Suzanne that your babies had to be rehomed :(. If we get a certain amount of points/strikes against us then we would have to get rid of ours or even have to move out of base housing. It all just makes no sense, for people to complain when what they are complaining about isn't a huge deal or isn't even wrong.

I hated living on post. Everyone is always in your business. I used to shake my head every morning (7-8ish) when I drove to work and in front of every other house a group of wives be sitting outside even in the winter time on their little folding chairs with cups of coffee and just gossiping and watching the neighborhood!!! God .... get a life!!!! I don't think they can do anything as long as you guys were just watching them. But I know my husband was always mad too when he had to see his 1st Sgt or Commander over some stupid stuff. :rolleyes:

But that is the reason why we live off post now and if possible we will never live on post again if we get stationed somewhere else again. But honestly....my neighbors now are not the best either.....best thing be to have no neighbors. ;) Don't let it bother you too much they are just haters!!!

Yeah, in a week and a half I will be going back to Texas and my husband is going to Korea for a year. After that we are getting stationed in Florida in which we are going to try to live off base. I'm so use to knowing my neighbors and being friendly but everyone here doesn't want to know their neighbors. I've met the person who lives in the house that connects with ours only twice and I've been here for a little over 6 months and he isn't very friendly at all. I'm just so use to the small town where everyone knows everyone and people get involved and are willing to help each other. Here they just all stay indoors and don't like each other.

It can be very frustrating when people seem to complain just to complain. My mom lives in a town house which has a condominium association that runs a lot of things. They have caused so many issues with us it's unbelievable. People really need to find other hobbies that DON'T include nit-picking and complaining!

I've found through experience...

that military life for some people brings on maturity and an increased sense of responsibility...

for others...it's high school with the potential of being able to shoot things...

sorry your neighbors can't let go of high school...