Does your husky do this?

<3Jess<3

My little Bella came in from outside this morning black up to her elbows on all her feet from digging in the backyard...Just sat down on the couch with her 20ish mins later and she is clean!!!

Bella is always spotless no matter what she was doing earlier it's amazing I never see her cleaning herself tho so also very confusing

Is it okay for her to lick herself so much? I'm guessing thats how she cleans everywere or does the husky fur drop dirt eaiser?

Nothing too serious was just curious about it =D

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a very oily coat so dirt will not stick to them for long. When we used to go to the dog park when she was a puppy and other dogs were wrestling her and she got dirty the other owners would apologize to me that their dog got her so dirty :lol: :lol:. I always told them not to worry because by the time we get home all that dirt will be in the crate. She loves to dig in the yard too especially after it rained :rolleyes: she always looks like a mud puppy, but 1-2 days later she is all clean again. I think Husky's are not supposed to be bathed that often anyway because of the way their coat is. But with them its usually enough to just spray them off with the water hose or let it dry and fall off or brush it out :). I just have to sweep the crate out every other day cause it turns into a sandbox!!! :rolleyes:

Nadia cleans herself like a cat too, she spent hours yesterday digging and running around in a muddy park yesterday, got home and all the dirt was on the car seat covers, absolutely nothing on her. Still had to bath her because she also went swimming though. They do need bathing after going in the sea right? I don't want to bath her too often but she loves swimming..

I think on the whole you shouldn't really bathe dogs in general it upsets thier natural oils, so unless you really have to don't. I hate it when I get home from work in the summer to find that my girls have washed Boone. Don't mind if they cool him down with the hosepipe but would prefer that he wasn't bubbled up with doggy shampoo, not necessary,

That's my opinion, don't know if it's right, but I would have thought so, please correct me if I'm wrong,

Andy & Boone

no andy - they hardly ever need baths - my two have had one in the past year - my god that's hard work lol

You should have seen the STATE of them yesterday when i met up with another member and went for a walk they were BLACK but all clean and fresh again now :D

ill only bath mine before we go to meet ups :rolleyes: they have to look nice n clean - so mine get 1 maybe 2 baths a year at a push - some1 asked me the other saturday how i kept skyla so white - erm she had a bath thursday lol , but yeh they are really good at staying clean

bings my staffy x had his 1st bath last thursday too n hasnt had one for well over a year /pushing 2 years cuz he is terried of them

So what about salt water? I only ever give Nadia a bath when she's been swimming and digging at the beach and once during each coat blow to help get her coat out.. Should I just rinse her after she's been in the sea instead of a full bath? The Marmara Sea isn't really the cleanest and I hate the seaweed smell she gets after a good swim.. She loves swimming, and our only enclosed area (where she can be let off-lead) is part park, park beach.. Not sure I could keep her out of the water if I tried! What does everyone do after the beach?

So what about salt water? I only ever give Nadia a bath when she's been swimming and digging at the beach and once during each coat blow to help get her coat out.. Should I just rinse her after she's been in the sea instead of a full bath? The Marmara Sea isn't really the cleanest and I hate the seaweed smell she gets after a good swim.. She loves swimming, and our only enclosed area (where she can be let off-lead) is part park, park beach.. Not sure I could keep her out of the water if I tried! What does everyone do after the beach?

Would help you with that question but no beach here !! :( :( :( :( Wish we had one though!!!!