Pig Trotters - Raw or Cooked? ASAP please =]

Staceybob

Hey guys,

The Butchers just given me some raw ribs and pigs trotters, but I don't know what to do with them ='D

I'm a vegetarian so having these trotters and ribs lying around with blood on them is creeping me out lol.

She's had cooked ones before from the butchers but never raw. Am I best cooking them or just giving them to her raw?

If they need cooking, how do I go about cooking them ='D

Stacey xxx

raw is fine hun, bacteria wont affect her :)

think about it, if the butchers give you cooked ones, they put them in the plastic bag, you take them home, they heat up and start to sweat, by the time you give it to her its got loads of new bacteria on it, the only way it wouldnt have bacteria is if you gave it to her while it was piping hot, and of course she couldnt eat it if it was lol

Ive had bad experience with trotters. Mushu practicaly swallowed his whole :blink: n lets just say i saw Mushu poo out massive nails (u know how big they are) n it was gross n his eyes were bulgin from the strain !!!!! Funny n horrible at the same time. Put me off them now, pitty cos u can get 2 for 50p at Morrisons.

Scooby likes the diced heart u can get too.

Raw bones n all, dogs went nom nom nom

No side effects just happy dawgies biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif