Collars are now banned!

Sid_Wolf

Collars are no longer allowed to be worn inside my house!

Grey was playing with Keyu, and caught his dewclaw in the ring of his collar as he was leaping about, let out a yelp and i manage to unhook him. He's ripped the skin slightly where the dewclaw attaches, no blood, and hes walking and playing fine, so its not bothering him.

I've put some savlon on it, the cut is tiny so wont need stitches or anything. If he starts paying attention to it we'll get him off to the vets :)

Collars are off and wont be going back on, you hear all about dogs hanging themselves and stuff, but not this!:rolleyes:

they've always been good, and dont drag each other around by them. they use their scruff instead :rolleyes:

i've always said collars to be worn all the time, what if they escaped cus they would need their tags, or got into a fight, i'd need something to grab them by. Bad mum!! :(

i'm sure you're really careful but if one of them got out without a collar it would be harder to trace you especially if the chip failed etc. also breaking the law if found out with no collar and id details. I appreciate its not your intention but accident do happen.

Dew claws should always be removed for reasons such as this as it can be very painful and they do regularly get ripped

For the same reasons Husky princess stated collars stay on in mine. They have semi slips too, but I wouldn't feel comfortable especially considering the neighbours ripped a foot off the back fence last week. If they DID get out I'd like to know they are safe, hence why Aya is also going to be microchipped on the 19th. Hope Grey feels better soon.x

well none of them are left unattended in the garden at all, not even for a second, cus i know it isnt secure, so they cant get out there, and there are 3 doors between their living area (the main area of the house) and the front door, never had an escape here so i reckon it should be fine.

We rarely have scraps so not a problem with seperating them lol