Son writes off dads £275,000 car

Rich & Kody

Not going to be a happy pappy ...

BBC News Story

Son writes off his dad's £275,000 supercar

_52160083_after.jpg A 20-year-old has written off his dad's £275,000 Gumpert Apollo after taking it for a spin in Germany.

He lost control of the rear wheel drive supercar on a sharp bend near Brokdorf, just north of Hamburg.

After the crash the driver's door ended up 100ft (30m) away and the car was described as a "total loss".

The man was driving with a 19-year-old female passenger and both of them walked away from the accident with minor injuries.

Police are investigating whether he was speeding when he lost control of the car on the 50mph road.

The Gumpert Apollo has a top speed of 225mph (360kph) and goes from 0 to 60mph in less than three seconds.

_52160406_before.jpg

The Gumpert Apollo is one of the world's fastest supercars

spoilt rich kids are the worst in the world.

i worked for a funfair for a year, and the nicest places to go where the rough areas, the people where nice polite and friendly, yet when we went to places like marlow and henley the rich kids are always trying to fight and destroy stuff.

When the heck did you get an R8? ;)

ha ha ha sorry it should have said 'i drove' not drive!! LOL friggin hell i'd kill myself in one of those if i had it everyday. amazing car...on my lottery wish list. but as its not doggy friendly so i've requested a rangerover and a full kitted out mushing dog van!! LOL

I drove it on one of those track day things...along with an astin martin and a lotus. fab day...totally recommend it. the R8 was by FAR the best, the response on excelleration and braking was just exhillerating. Astin martin was beautiful and more of a classy stylish car

Until the lottery - the Honda CRV will have to do!! LOL

ha ha ha sorry it should have said 'i drove' not drive!! LOL friggin hell i'd kill myself in one of those if i had it everyday. amazing car...on my lottery wish list. but as its not doggy friendly so i've requested a rangerover and a full kitted out mushing dog van!! LOL

I drove it on one of those track day things...along with an astin martin and a lotus. fab day...totally recommend it. the R8 was by FAR the best, the response on excelleration and braking was just exhillerating. Astin martin was beautiful and more of a classy stylish car

Until the lottery - the Honda CRV will have to do!! LOL

Landrover, my favorite car! One day ;) I want a blue one!