I'm NEW!!

Jdarr2113

Beautiful little girl, congrats!

We got ours at 6 weeks and everyone will agree that it is young to go from the litter so I have to tall you its a looooonnnnnnggggg road lol! It took teeko ages to learn to be gentle with his mouth and he can still forget when he is excited. You'll have one day where you think they've got it and the next you'll get frustrated coz they're hurting you again. So, be patient, so very patient! It works for us if he is getting too rough to cross our arms and completely blank him...back turned and chin in the air.

You''ll probably find as she gets older that she plays with other dogs as you have played with her...its really quite cute to watch!

As for walking, she shouldn't really be out and about in public places until at least a week after her last jab (over here at least....may be a different system there).

Such a beautiful little girl you are really going to have so much fun with her!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and Welcome!!! She is Gorgeous :wub:. When she gets a little older and has had all her shots (mine was 12 weeks when she had her 3rd set of shots + rabies) then you can start taking her to the dog park. playing with other dogs will also help with the biting as they will teach her whats appropriate and what not.

I think that she will love going to the beach with you. Only thing is.....keep in mind that she is a Husky and they have poor recall. So you shouldn't let her run off leash there. But most of them love to swim so I am sure she would have a blast. Otherwise you could look for a doggy day care place in your area where you could take her for the day when you can't take her with you.

As far as the walking, like mentioned before rule of thumb is 5 minutes per month old. So at 2 month old she can walk 10 minutes, 3 month 15 minutes etc. Don't run too much with her especially not on streets or sidewalks as it is not good for their joints while they are growing. It be better to run with her on grass. :) Take it easy on her till she is about 1 year old.

A sanbox is a great idea. I have one for Zihna but by now my back yard looks like meteors hit on regular basis and I have to watch out that I don't break a leg!!! :lol: She likes to dig for bugs and hide her treats.

I also noticed that you guys have no fence. Although she may not go far now and come when you call her in a couple of month this will probably change so maybe invest in a long leash or something so you can keep her safe and she don't run away and get hit by a car. :)

With the pooping....do you have her on a feeding schedule or is the food just out for her to eat whenever she likes? I would advice you to put her on a schedule. Since she is still so young probably feed her 3-4 times a day. She should have to go potty right after she ate. That way you have more control over when and where she poops. I got Zihna at 9 weeks and she used to poop right away outside right after she ate. I used to keep water outside when Zihna was being potty trained so she could go as soon as she had a drink. Inside I would offer her water every so often or leave it out when I was able to closely monitor her so I could take her out as soon as she had a drink. At night I also put it up about 30 - 40 minutes before bed time and would take her potty 2 more times and then off to her crate. You can start free feed her again later on, although personally I think having them on a schedule is better. When they get older they will only need to eat 1 - 2 times a day.

Can't wait to see more piccies!!!