Spayed

TK_naya

So Naya got spayed yesterday. She was still out of it when I picked her up so she was walking around like a drunk Husky, which I have to say is a bit funny/sad, much like a real drunk person. She threw up on the way home which I attributed to the car ride and nothing else, which seems to have been the case as she hasn't since then. Though it makes me wonder if they fed her because it looked like clumps of food and she hadn't eaten since 10PM the night prior (picked her up at 7PM). So anyways I had to help her in and out of the car, like an elderly person and also semi carry her up the stairs. She went straight to her crate and laid down and was out the rest of the night.

She's been licking a little but not a whole lot. I tell her "no" and she stops so that's a plus. However I'm leaving for a few hours today so she's going to be left alone in her crate. I'm worried about her licking, though the vet said most spays don't lick. They don't provide cones unless they're absolutely needed, instead he suggested I put a t-shirt on her and wrap it tight around her abdomen. I'm currently wearing said shirt so that it will have my scent on it when I put it on her. Hopefully that will keep her from tugging at it.

Also, apparently on her leg what I thought was wrapped was actually an area they shaved. She looks like suck a big dork now. She kept licking it and I was like "no don't lick that tape..." only to actually examine the area and find that there was no tape there, haha. It looks like a damn poodle leg!

Any tips on keeping her from licking when I'm not around to supervise? Lots of stuff to chew on? Tape her mouth shut? (ENTIRELY kidding about that one, please no flaming!)

Naya-Spay.jpg

Aww poor puppy,Shadow only had a tiny bit shaved too.

As for the licking,just keep her well stocked up with toys/nylabones etc etc,Shadow never touched her scar once so you might be lucky too.

Are there any stitches on show? Shad's didnt have any,looked like a little cat scratch,bit like the ''invisible mend'' they do on human c-sections,so think this helped.

If there are stitches to see i think this makes them want to lick and bite at them.

It's actually visible and definitely doesn't look like a little cat scratch. If she wasn't now sleeping I'd take a pic.

Here are some pics from earlier...I'm not one to put clothing on animals, nor will I start...However...:rolleyes:

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

Willow and Akia only had a little bit of fur shaved on there legs. Both my girls did not lick it so hopefully if your girl is leaving it alone now she prob wont tounch it whilst you are out. I would be carefull the t-shirt does not rub her as it may irritate her scare and make her lick it as it rubs...if you now what i mean.

Sure she will be fine and back to her normal self just like my two was about 2 days after...lol

The look on the last pic says she definitely does NOT like the shirt action.:lol: Sid was just recently neutered and they gave him a cone. I didn't have him wear it much since there were no stitches. He tried to lick a few times but a NO or a flick of the ear and HEY would get him to stop. He was only supposed to wear it when I was around and only for about 5-6 days. Hate to beat a dead horse but they went a little crazy shaving the hair off her leg.:blink: They didn't shave that much off Sid...just a patch off the front part of leg. Not a big deal though, it will grow back. Sure seems Bella likes to bite him on that part of the leg. Drives him crazy!:lol:

EDIT: I would also keep lots of stuff around to chew on that would keep her busy.:)

Took the t-shirt off her. She hasn't been licking so there was no need. However since she can't run around she's become very bored and wants to chew on everything. Everything BUT her toys. Oi. I can't wait to get back to being able to walk/run her to tire her out. Haha.

I can't even let her have her tennis ball because she'll start throwing it to herself and chasing it. Poor pup.